Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
HAHA that's a great pic! Was you dog trying to ride shotgun or just hanging over the seat?

I used to keep a stuffed fish dog toy in my Jeep b/c in her younger years Laika, one of my current huskies (pic not yet posted but forthcoming) would try and climb over and into the front seats while I'm was driving so I would have to beat her back with the fish to keep her from climbing over. She's such a nut!
We'd just gotten done with a walk and he was hanging over the back seat looking out the back hatch while I was loading the stroller. He isn't allowed to ride shotgun and he knows it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
This picture was taken in about 1974. It's my late wife and her first Great Dane, Jason. He got so large that she had to take the seat out and let the top down to haul him around. Ending up buying a new Ford Courier, to haul Jason.

View attachment 97526
Trading in the Austin for a Ford so Jason would fit, now that is love! Did y'all ever ride around with the top down and Jason sticking out? That would've make a great photo!:LOL: Great pic thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
20,633 Posts
Trading in the Austin for a Ford so Jason would fit, now that is love! Did y'all ever ride around with the top down and Jason sticking out? That would've make a great photo!:LOL: Great pic thanks for sharing!
We moved for our Dalmatian.
We lived in a fancy apartment building in Boston (Steve Tyler lived above us) and Parker lifted his leg on a marble pillar outside before we could stop him and the doorman ratted us out. They told us we had to get rid of him so we moved.
And then they sued us over breaking the lease. We won.

·
Saltine American
6,783 Posts
Of course! It looked like she was giving scooby doo a ride.

Reactions: jeepgrrl

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
What a great pic, you have a handsome dog pack! How did you ever get all 9 of them to sit still for it and how many attempts did it take?
They're well behaved for the most part and listen
They know I'm the leader of the pack
All treats come from me
I call them "kids" as a pack and they perk up and listen
Two pics for that
First one June turned her head

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
20210609_143851.jpg

All the pups here on this thread are fine specimens but have to admit June is a special pup.
She loves eating bugs, the biggest nastiest I've seen
Hence, June Buggy.
Sometimes I call her Buggy and she knows that name too.
I dont know any of the beagles exact birthday but June and Suzy should be 2 and half years old.

·
Premium Member
20,633 Posts
View attachment 97528

All the pups here on this thread are fine specimens but have to admit June is a special pup.
Hence, June Buggy.
I dont know any of the beagles exact birthday but June and Suzy should be 2 and half years old.
She’s adorable. Those eyes…

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
View attachment 97528

Hence, June Buggy.
Such a precious face! I just want to kiss her between her eyes lol!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Sometimes on forums, I'll read someone's posts and think "This is a person I would like to talk to in real life." I thought that when reading your posts. Well, you blew that. Gus is beautiful, it's true, but my dog is clearly the most beautiful dog ever.
I will graciously choose to forget that you called Gus “beautiful”.

Gus, however, is not so generous with his pardon.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I have had a lot of dogs in my life and have loved them all dearly, but two of them were my “heart dogs”. The BC I posted earlier and this one, Parker…our Dalmatian that we got in 1986 when we lived in downtown Boston. He was named after the Parker House in Boston, where Jim and I went on our first date. My grandson actually shares his name.
here he is with a younger me in 80’s baggy jeans and you can see by my hair why I moved west.
Humidity is the Devil for my hair. :ROFLMAO:
I still miss this dog.
View attachment 97522
Very nice dog
Real serious red hair

61 - 75 of 75 Posts