Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
That one looks lame, Buddy. Let’s eat her.

I’ll point at her. You shoot her. Snara will cook her. Then we’ll eat her.

We’re good boys, huh, Buddy?

Hey, Snara! Get your hot pans!

Buddy and I got a dead bird! Let’s eat it!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
MIL's dear friend breeds BG dogs. They are so cool - and I am not a tiny dog person. Sandy's dogs are just incredible. But I think part of that is because Sandy is a very cool, incredible person, too. It can't help but rub off on to the dogs.

Unless they rubbed off on her?
It gos both ways

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
20210512_200123_HDR.jpg

Sweetie Dan and Ann in the back.
They were born on my farm
They're Mountain Curs
Ann is a brindle and is a clone of her mom who passed away about 3 years ago
Beagle mom, Suzy, Beagle dad, and June.
June made a death defying trip up the highway and wiggled through the welded wire fence and was on the porch at 4am two years ago
Suzy was picked up off the highway after another death defying journey months later.
Beatle mom and dad were taken off their collars and chains in the weeds and got a new life.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Here’s a couple picture of Gus in his less scruffy days. Don’t show them to your dogs, and don’t worry, I don’t expect you to admit it. You’ve all got some fine looking dogs, but Gus is clearly the handsomest dog ever set loose.
Sometimes on forums, I'll read someone's posts and think "This is a person I would like to talk to in real life." I thought that when reading your posts. Well, you blew that. Gus is beautiful, it's true, but my dog is clearly the most beautiful dog ever.

·
Premium Member
21,024 Posts
I have had a lot of dogs in my life and have loved them all dearly, but two of them were my “heart dogs”. The BC I posted earlier and this one, Parker…our Dalmatian that we got in 1986 when we lived in downtown Boston. He was named after the Parker House in Boston, where Jim and I went on our first date. My grandson actually shares his name.
here he is with a younger me in 80’s baggy jeans and you can see by my hair why I moved west.
Humidity is the Devil for my hair. :ROFLMAO:
I still miss this dog.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sometimes on forums, I'll read someone's posts and think "This is a person I would like to talk to in real life." I thought that when reading your posts. Well, you blew that. Gus is beautiful, it's true, but my dog is clearly the most beautiful dog ever.
Well, @todd_xxxx and @GunMonkeyIntl I hate to break it to the both of you, but you are both wrong. 😜Below is the most beautiful, precious girl ever. Her name was Emma.
IMG_0554.JPG

We got Emma as a buddy for Lexi b/c Lex was too much energy for the much older Greta. Emma's daddy was a champion show dog. Lexi and Emma were like two peas in a pod, they were best buds, as you can see in this image:
Lexi and Emme.JPG

Tragically, we had to put Emma down, she was only 9.5 months old. Emma accidentally fell out of the car and broke her leg when one of the dogs accidentally stepped on the up/down button and put the window down and Emma toppled out. While the surgery to repair her leg was successful, they didn't deflate the intubation tube after reversing the anesthesia and Emma soon developed severe esophagitis and esophageal strictures in two locations of her esophagus from the damage. She ended up needing a feeding tube inserted. The vets tried doing several rounds of balloon dilations to try and bust up the strictures, but after 7 weeks of trying to save her it was obviously becoming too much for sweet Emma and we had to let her go. I am still heartbroken to this day; Emma crossed the Rainbow Bridge on 9/9/2012. Lexi was never the same after Emma died.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thank you everyone who is participating in this thread! I wish I had the time to respond individually to everyone's awesome dog pics! The fact that we all think that we each have the "best, most beautiful, most special dog(s)" speaks volumes about the love and connection that everyone here has with each of their dog(s), both living and deceased, and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! 🥰 So please keep the pics coming, I'd like to continue to spread the "feel good vibe" that this thread is generating, it helps to block out all of the other BS that is going on in the world today. Dogs rule!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
View attachment 97494

Sweetie Dan and Ann in the back.
They were born on my farm
They're Mountain Curs
Ann is a brindle and is a clone of her mom who passed away about 3 years ago
Beagle mom, Suzy, Beagle dad, and June.
June made a death defying trip up the highway and wiggled through the welded wire fence and was on the porch at 4am two years ago
Suzy was picked up off the highway after another death defying journey months later.
Beatle mom and dad were taken off their collars and chains in the weeds and got a new life.
What a great pic, you have a handsome dog pack! How did you ever get all 9 of them to sit still for it and how many attempts did it take?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
This one's my favorite.
HAHA that's a great pic! Was you dog trying to ride shotgun or just hanging over the seat?

I used to keep a stuffed fish dog toy in my Jeep b/c in her younger years Laika, one of my current huskies (pic not yet posted but forthcoming) would try and climb over and into the front seats while I'm was driving so I would have to beat her back with the fish to keep her from climbing over. She's such a nut!

·
Premium Member
21,024 Posts
Thank you everyone who is participating in this thread! I wish I had the time to respond individually to everyone's awesome dog pics! The fact that we all think that we each have the "best, most beautiful, most special dog(s)" speaks volumes about the love and connection that everyone here has with each of their dog(s), both living and deceased, and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! 🥰 So please keep the pics coming, I'd like to continue to spread the "feel good vibe" that this thread is generating, it helps to block out all of the other BS that is going on in the world today. Dogs rule!
It’s a good thread. I’m currently dogless and I’m one of those annoying people loving on everyone else’s pups.

·
Premium Member
21,024 Posts
I know.
Gunmonkey is one of my favorite posters here and I’m worried that he’s experiencing early dementia now.
Maybe he just didn’t see my Jip clearly enough.
Sad when people lose their faculties so young.:cry:

·
Saltine American
6,825 Posts
This picture was taken in about 1974. It's my late wife and her first Great Dane, Jason. He got so large that she had to take the seat out and let the top down to haul him around. Ending up buying a new Ford Courier, to haul Jason.

Connie , Jason and Austin Healey 1974 a.jpg

·
Premium Member
21,024 Posts
This picture was taken in about 1974. It's my late wife and her first Great Dane, Jason. He got so large that she had to take the seat out and let the top down to haul him around. Ending up buying a new Ford Courier, to haul Jason.

View attachment 97526
Love this!
show more dog pics with owners/posters.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts