Post Holes

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by doc623, Sep 18, 2005.

1. doc623

doc623 Well-Known Member

Saw this on another site.

"I have a truckload of spare post holes I need to sell, approximately 1800 in all. These holes are 10" in diameter by 30" long and are made to fit an 8" post with sufficient room left for a tamping bar. Simply drop these in a hole 31" deep and 11" in diameter, insert an 8" post, fill & tamp, and you're done! Sacrifice for $2.50 each, or the whole truckload for $3000. Can ship via Priority Mail for $3.85, insurance extra. "

What so you think? Is this a fair price?

2. lapdog59

lapdog59 Active Member

$2.50 is way too low! What are you trying to do undercut the market? If anyone out there is interested, I have these items available now at $5.00 per hole. If you order over 50, I can let them go at the unbelievable rate to $7.50 per hole.
    I think it is time for all true Americans to stand up and pay full price for their holes and not let the market be undercut by these cheap imitation holes!

3. Linda J

Linda J Well-Known Member

Living on top of a large rock in the Hill Country of Texas, I only wish I could just buy post holes! My guys are almost ready to use dynamite to put in the rest of my fence. Very good ad, and I'm a EBay seller, so the shipping is also a bargain! LOL

This is what I do, if I pick up a large rock in the yard, I try to think if that would be a good place to plant a bush.

4. bill not in oh

bill not in oh Well-Known Member

I've got 12 shipping containers full of Chinese-made post holes that I'll sell for 74¢ each in any quantity. Slightly inferior quality possibly, but very servicable!

5. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

What are you waiting for? Send them on over - I've got a new pasture fence to build!

6. TerryJ

TerryJ Well-Known Member

We were taking out fence post today, it is so dry here that we had to use the loader tractor to remove the post. From wood to T post to electric fence post. The fence has only been up for about 1 1/2 months. We need rain we're about -8" for the year hope we get plenty of snow for the hay ground.

7. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Keep your post holes, I need tree holes. I always try to buy some when I purchase trees for planting and they never have any. If I did find some I'm sure they would be high due to supply and demand.

8. mink

mink Well-Known Member

holes for sale huh......im sure theres a sucker to but each one....mink

9. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Fence posts are outdated. See people putting in underground fence now days. High tech cyber electronic stuff.

10. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

how much for a half a hole?

lol good post

11. Gercarson

Gercarson Well-Known Member Supporter

With today's one size fits all - I was just wondering if I did order a truck load - shipping IS included, right? - could I possibly group these and create the lake that I've envisioned. This could really be a boon to homesteaders and hopefully you have the patent on this - I did notice that others were quick to jump on the band wagon - I'd never buy on eBay, shipping is often more than the product.

12. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

The post holes work just fine for tree holes if you stack them - takes about 6 post holes to make a decent tree hole.

13. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

Do you offer the smaller approx 2 in round by 24 in deep holes for T-post type garden fence projects?

LOL!

14. Txpupguy

Txpupguy New Member

Can they be stacked? If they can I want about 250 of them. That would be a quick, cheap and easy wat to put in a well on m land.

15. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    The real question is, do they come in assorted colors? Mauve, pink, burgandy, peach, ect. No one I know would accept off color post holes, reguardless of the price.

16. Explorer

Explorer Well-Known Member Supporter

It appears they can be stacked UNDERGROUND. If they can be stacked ABOVE ground, I'll need about 1700 of them to make a mile high hole in the sky for my wormhole. Diameter will work, as I can install a miniaturization device to shrink the inter-galaxic cargo ships, then just reverse the shrinking process once they land in my spaceport.

17. woodspirit

woodspirit Well-Known Member

I've been looking for some trenches in the western ny area. At least 12" deep, some with 90 degree bends in them. Used would be fine but they have to bend to the left not the right.
    Might be willing to trade a light breeze out of the west.

18. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

In'erested in a swap? I'll trade ja some real nice fire ant hills for yer holes.

19. thedonkeyman

thedonkeyman Well-Known Member

Go to an under ground system and put COLLARS on every one, and their animals. HA!

20. BobK

BobK Well-Known Member

Do the postholes come installed? Or is that extra?