Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...........Been looking for a engine driven welder , I found a Weldan Power Welder made by Lincoln.......This is an older welder as it is AC , not DC ! Has a 10Hp Kohler engine and will go up to 150 amps . He is asking $750 , I found an exact match on Ebay for $1,450 . The Pic on C's List shows a very clean machine so I'll go have a look on Thursday Am .
...........I have (2) reservations about this machine.....(1) it is A\C rather than DC and it isn't electric start . He starts it by using a large drill motor with a socket so we'll see . My Miller Bobcat welder was AC\DC and I always welded with it on DC , this machine is AC so I don't think it'll make much difference for the jobs I have in mind . SO , what do you'll think ? , fordy:coffee:

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
If it was me I would look for some thing with DC as well, and I would think having a starter on it would be a good thing as the drill will not do one much good in the boonies, (besides the drill is dangerous),

personally I would want more than 150 amps,

if you would not have had the bobcat, you may be happy, but since you have used a superior machine in the past, I would question you would be happy with the smaller unit,

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it was me I would look for some thing with DC as well, and I would think having a starter on it would be a good thing as the drill will not do one much good in the boonies, (besides the drill is dangerous),

personally I would want more than 150 amps,

if you would not have had the bobcat, you may be happy, but since you have used a superior machine in the past, I would question you would be happy with the smaller unit,
..............Yes , you are correct ! AC\DC gives more choices when problems arise . , thanks , fordy:coffee:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts