Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1080 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Sure hope it's a mistake.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/heal...an-hospital-ebola-patient-isolation/16460629/

A Dallas hospital is holding a patient in "strict isolation" as that person is evaluated for possible exposure to the deadly Ebola virus.

In a statement issued Tuesday night, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said the patient was admitted based on symptoms and "recent travel history.

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts

·
Dallas
13,851 Posts
How do you think I feel about this? (look at my location) I am 13 miles from the hospital where they have him.

They confirmed it earlier today, apparently the guy flew into DFW and had been in Africa.

This person who is infected left Liberia on Sept. 19 and arrived in the U.S. the following day. The person had no symptoms when they arrived, but began developing symptoms four days after arriving in the United States.

Frieden(Hospital Spokesman) gave a brief timeline of the patient's infection in his comments Tuesday afternoon. The patient first showed symptoms of Ebola on Sept. 24, then first sought care on Sept. 26, before he or she was admitted to the hospital on Sept. 28.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
mnn2501...be cautious where you go and who you interact with.be more vigilant about crowds and handwashing etc etc etc...stay safe.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
if it was me...i would stay clear of public shared bathrooms....just thinking of all the possible body fluids germs make me cringe....and when "we" get sick we run to the bathroom to vomit etc.

i am sticking to the wilderness.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Don't worry..were all good here.. He has only been in the area for 7 days till he sought medical attention and it only took one day when he was really sick to move him to isolation. <sarc>

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-case-us-cdc-vows-stop/story?id=25873850

The first Ebola case has been diagnosed in the United States, but a top health official said there is "no doubt... we will stop it here."
Dr. Tom Frieden, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the patient left Liberia on Sept 10 and arrived in the U.S. on Sept. 20. The patient sought medical help on Sept. 27 and was put in isolation on Sept. 28, Frieden said.

·
free leonard peltier
2,315 Posts
My mind is going kinda silly.

watching the press conf from CDC personnel on Fox.

The guy flew on the 19th, landed on the 20th. Started symptoms on the 24th, and was admitted on the 28th.

WSJ asked what they know about his activity during that 4 day time. Did you just stay in his home? limiting the others exposed to his family? or what...

CDC guy says "His family in the home where he was visiting, and maybe 1 or 2 .... or maybe 3 members of the community." and Health dept is helping them track these people down. Sounds unreliable to me.

I'm picturing a guy from Africa here to visit family during his daily activities..
out at a diner for a meal, wipes his brow and then reaches in pocket to get money to hand someone, or just bumps into who knows who while going in and out of a store, etc.
I admitted my mind was going whacky with possibilities.

They call this "contact tracking" and say they are very good at it. IDK

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
The Dallas hospital dropped the ball. He went to the ER on the 26th. They sent him home. Then 2 days later he goes back and they finally admit him.

They were supposed to ask his travel history and it appears that they did not do so on the 26th.

My guess is, he did not have health insurance.... and I personally know, how not having insurance can lead to less than great care :(

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Mnn2501, I'm between Tulsa and OKC, and it's too close for my comfort! You must really be in a state, so sorry. As Elk said, take all the precautions you can and make sure you're ready as you can be at home for it.

As I just mentioned to a friend, as uncaring and clueless as people are, I bet it won't be a month before it will be nationwide, so we're all in deep doodoo, though I can't say I'm even a tiny bit surprised. Well, I'm just surprised it took this long actually.

Looks like O is definitely going to get that population reduction he's been Jonesing for. Wonder if all the other New World Order country leaders are working just as diligently to NOT do anything to prevent it??

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Well, we have hashed this over for awhile..some people were sure it wasn't going to come here... Now it is here. The next piece of the puzzle was how is it going to affect us?

General agreement says panic will be the problem. When do you think people might start panicking? What groups first? Any one want to venture a guess?

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
It will literally be a 'miracle' if this doesn't take off like wildfire.

They (the CDC) haven't got a clue on how to track it down; much less contain it.

Correction: They can and likely will have Obama declare martial law......
yeah, that should contain it and everyone else too. <sarcasm off>

1 - 20 of 1080 Posts