Homesteading Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

· I calls em like I sees em
14,219 Posts
Friends are such a blessing. A friend of ours doesn't have a garage so is keeping a nice side by side UTV in our barn for the winter. No biggie. But tonight she brought us a pan of homemade lasagna and another container of candies and cookies she made for us to say thanks.

· I calls em like I sees em
14,219 Posts
Wow this thread died off. I will bring it back with a positive. Granddaughter is in a major growth spurt. We measured her and made a mark, 3 weeks later she wanted to do it again, lo and behold she sprouted an inch in that short time. Same shoes, she just grew like a weed.

· Registered
320 Posts
Yep... love the focus on the positive....

The wife has an awesome job. My company is progressing and doing very well. Out four kids, ages 28 to 34 all have awesome jobs and careers and are very well to do. Hence our grandkids are in great shape as well.

Blessings of God!

· Premium Member
5,891 Posts
Jolly Rancher now has a peach flavored candy.

Reactions: 67drake

· Registered
44,117 Posts
It took 10 years to realize the value of going smaller
There is a lot of wisdom in that.

I sold off my 40+ sheep and my 30+ beef cows. I kept 2 mama cows with heifer calves, and another heifer calf. So much less stress than when I sweated getting enough hay for winter. No hay this year. I am feeling my way forward on what my no hay calf number will be. I am thinking maybe I can winter 10 heifers per year. I can sell those as freezer beef at the same price as steers and heifers are a little cheaper for me to buy.

I am selling hay off my Bermuda field for top dollar. I am adding 25 more acres of fescue hay and putting five nanny goats on it to manage weeds. I will put a jenny with them for protection. The goats are an experiment.

Going smaller can be a very positive move.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I keep coming back and checking/reading post here daily. I'm glad it's still going. Regardless of differences, we have a lot to be thankful and happy for in our lives.

· Registered
6 Posts
While filling our water jugs in the creek this morning I looked up at the tall trees, snow falling all around. I love living in the woods. There are many more hard chores living out here, but I don’t think there is anything that would be hard enough to make me want to go back to living on the grid.
Also, we finally installed a countertop and a sink, what a treat after 1.5yrs without! Still no running water, but the sink makes doing dishes much less irritating.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The countertop, backsplash, and sink are in! My renter got off work, walked to the house, and admired the whole thing. :)

I took her to lunch at the Cajun restaurant. Red beans and rice with sausage. Cornbread on the side. Yummo.
Really nice looking kitchen. Lunch definitely is making me miss parts of living down south.

Reactions: Alice In TX/MO
61 - 80 of 101 Posts