Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 40 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
16,526 Posts
I am not trying to be difficult, but that I know. Why does the "ultra liberal city government" allow the homeless to make their city suck on a epic scale?

Portland is a legendary place. There has to be some reason for the madness.
It is simply because they need liberal votes.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
What exactly have ultra
Because of ultra liberal city governments who allow taxpayers to suffer to allow the mentally ill and addicted to do as they please. It’s not humane at all, in my opinion.
Agreed. What are ultra conservative cities doing that is better?
I hope not giving one way bus tickets to liberal areas- like was caught happening in Canada.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Me thinks these people cracked out in tents along the highway don't have enough energy for a noticeable rate of voting. But I know your answer will resonate with conservatives who think liberals inherently stoop so low to cheat.

·
Registered
33,361 Posts
You think the voting block of the homeless are great enough in numbers to elect the current office holders?

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Registered
33,361 Posts
What exactly have ultra

I hope not giving one way bus tickets to liberal areas- like was caught happening in Canada.
Give us list of the these "ultra conservative cities" with homeless problems matching Portland.

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
What exactly have ultra

They aren’t doing better. They are doing far worse in my opinion.
Do you live in a city with a high number of homeless camps, shelters, etc?

·
Registered
33,361 Posts
Dude. Just say what you think or mean.
Dudette. I'm simply asking why this exist as it does, in the numbers it is. It is really an unsolvable problem? There has to be a reason. Is poverty there that bad? Are that many mentally ill people congregated there and a couple of other west coast cities. If so, why are they not being treated? Are they mostly drugged out?

My guess it is all three, poverty, drugs, and mental illness, but still, why cannot the officials there fix it?

Sorry if my curiosity upset you. This situation has gone on for a long time now, and it seems to only grow, and get worse.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Dudette. I'm simply asking why this exist as it does, in the numbers it is. It is really an unsolvable problem? There has to be a reason. Is poverty there that bad? Are that many mentally ill people congregated there and a couple of other west coast cities. If so, why are they not being treated? Are they mostly drugged out?

My guess it is all three, poverty, drugs, and mental illness, but still, why cannot the officials there fix it?

Sorry if my curiosity upset you. This situation has gone on for a long time now, and it seems to only grow, and get worse.
Unaffordable housing, caused directly by ultra liberal officials who demand high building fees, and very expensive building codes. You want to stop the homeless issue, start making it a practical and affordable idea to build....

Instead of stopping single family zoning, how about adopting a new owner-builder zoning for hard hit areas?

The extensive oversight of housing in general is suffocating us as a nation. Particularly on the west coast.

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I wasn’t upset. 😊
Do east coast cities have this issue? The cost of housing in NYC and Boston has to be equally high but I don’t hear much about the homeless there or in say...Miami Like you do in CA, OR and WA.
if it were just cost of housing we could send them somewhere where the cost of housing is low. Cincinnati, Indianapolis, etc.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
It looks like NYC has a big homeless problem

• In recent years, homelessness in New York City has reached the highest levels since the Great Depression of the 1930s. [1] [2]
  • In February 2021, there were 55,501 homeless people, including 17,375 homeless children, sleeping each night in the New York City municipal shelter system. A record 20,822 single adults slept in shelters in February 2021.
  • Over the course of City fiscal year 2020, 122,926 different homeless men, women, and children slept in the New York City municipal shelter system. This includes more than 39,300 homeless children.

·
Premium Member
41,724 Posts

Poverty has very little to do with it. The dependence on government is the basic culprit.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
Unaffordable housing, caused directly by ultra liberal officials who demand high building fees, and very expensive building codes. You want to stop the gineless issue, start making it a practical and affordable idea to build....

Instead of stopping single family zoning, how about adopting a new owner-builder zoning for hard hit areas?

The extensive oversight of housing in general is suffocating us as a nation. Particularly on the west coast.
Here in California, you can't live on your own property if you don't have an approved house, approved water supply($40k) and a whole slew of other costly requirements. To build out an empty lot to code would cost around $100,000. Not including the house! We've spent billions on the homeless and have more than ever. Crime is skyrocketing, disease is skyrocketing.
Liberals have sent more than 30 billion to prisoners through the EDD. EDD is an epic failure here and the head ran off to be in the Biden administration so she wouldn't be held accountable.

·
Registered
33,361 Posts
Here in California, you can't live on your own property if you don't have an approved house, approved water supply($40k) and a whole slew of other costly requirements. To build out an empty lot to code would cost around $100,000. Not including the house! We've spent billions on the homeless and have more than ever. Crime is skyrocketing, disease is skyrocketing.
Liberals have sent more than 30 billion to prisoners through the EDD. EDD is an epic failure here and the head ran off to be in the Biden administration so she wouldn't be held accountable.
Now we are getting somewhere.

The regs have pushed people onto the street

21 - 40 of 313 Posts