Homesteading Forum banner

221 - 240 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Bleeding heart feeble minded weaklings , is reason we have a homeless problem. The liberal, politically correct approach doesn't work. Never has, never will. If you like the term Interment Camp, fine I'll paint the sign. I'll hang it over the gate. When homeless women and children, are sleeping in a clean bed, with good food to eat, with access to a shower and a flush toilet, I would just have to learn to hold my head in shame. When their basic needs are met they might be able to get a job, and find a real home to live in. How is that for tap dancing?
I would enjoy being in the band for that tap dance. Well said.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Putting people in what is essentially a concentration camp because they are "them" and we are "us" is wrong no matter how neat & tidy that camp looks in pictures.
So make a suggestion. How would you propose to handle the homeless problem.

·
Premium Member
20,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
And how does rounding them up and shuffling them off to a camp out of sight and out of mind, not allowing them to leave solve the problem? Unless you address the underlying causes of homelessness, new homeless people will just take the places of the ones you just rounded up.
I’m dying to know where I said any of what you just claimed.. Is building a strawman all you have to do on a Saturday night? We just got back from dinner so I’ll build one too. So apparently you’re against hospitalizing sick people and getting help for the addicted. you just want them to live on the streets?

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Bleeding heart feeble minded weaklings , is reason we have a homeless problem. The liberal, politically correct approach doesn't work. Never has, never will. If you like the term Interment Camp, fine I'll paint the sign. I'll hang it over the gate. When homeless women and children, are sleeping in a clean bed, with good food to eat, with access to a shower and a flush toilet, I would just have to learn to hold my head in shame. When their basic needs are met they might be able to get a job, and find a real home to live in. How is that for tap dancing?
When you propose forcing people into camps against their will you should hang your head in shame. If they freely choose to go there, that's one thing but forcing them there and holding them there against their will is wrong.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I’m dying to know where I said any of what you just claimed.. Is building a strawman all you have to do on a Saturday night? We just got back from dinner so I’ll build one too. So apparently you’re against hospitalizing sick people and getting help for the addicted. you just want them to live on the streets?
Have you not read the suggestions being made by posters on this thread? So stow the fake outrage.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
When you propose forcing people into camps against their will you should hang your head in shame. If they freely choose to go there, that's one thing but forcing them there and holding them there against their will is wrong.
I propose they be forced out of the public’s and private areas that they have taken over and made unusable or unsafe for the rest of the citizens. To do otherwise is a shame. What is done with them then is the question.

·
Premium Member
20,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Have you not read the suggestions being made by posters on this thread? So stow the fake outrage.
It’s not fake outrage, sweetie. It’s real outrage.
I live in the city.
I know businesses that have been destroyed because people didn’t want to go there because of the homeless camped outside. Why should a business owner have to use a pooper scoop on human manure and hose off urine from his building every morning?
I was assaulted and beaten by one of them Who was mentally ill and should have been locked up to protect the general public.
When we go to the public library we have to use the bathrooms lit with blue lights because it’s harder for the addicts to find their veins.
So they shoot up in the stacks, I had a pic of one passed out in the children’s section.
My daughter had rocks thrown at her and was chased when she and her friends walked on a public trail that went by an illegal encampment.
Our neighborhoods are seeing a huge amount of petty property crimes because our city council decided to make bus passes free to the homeless to make it easier I guess for them to camp in our driveways and front yards. And steal whatever’s not nailed down.
We also have an inordinately high number of fires due to the homeless starting them and throwing aerosol cans in to them. Or just passing out drunk or doped up and letting the fire get out of control.
So when you actually live where there are homeless and are letting them sleep on your classroom floor I’ll let your so called progressive backside patronize me. You’re more interested in mouthing the right platitudes than in what happens to actual human beings.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
In such times as we are living and I see ILLEGAL immigrants being provided for and taken better care of than our homeless citizens we have a serious problem with reality. We seem to have no problem with putting the ILLEGAL immigrants in camps not of their choosing until we can provide the care and services that some seem to think they deserve. Yet we do not do the same for our own homeless citizens? Shame is not a sufficient term.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I live in the city.
I know businesses that have been destroyed because people didn’t want to go there because of the homeless camped outside. Why should a business owner have to use a pooper scoop on human manure and hose off urine from his building every morning?
I was assaulted and beaten by one of them Who was mentally ill and should have been locked up to protect the general public.
When we go to the public library we have to use the bathrooms lit with blue lights because it’s harder for the addicts to find their veins.
So they shoot up in the stacks, I had a pic of one passed out in the children’s section.
My daughter had rocks thrown at her and was chased when she and her friends walked on a public trail that went by an illegal encampment.
Our neighborhoods are seeing a huge amount of petty property crimes because our city council decided to make bus passes free to the homeless to make it easier I guess for them to camp in our driveways and front yards. And steal whatever’s not nailed down.
We also have an inordinately high number of fires due to the homeless starting them and throwing aerosol cans in to them. Or just passing out drunk or doped up and letting the fire get out of control.
So when you actually live where there are homeless and are letting them sleep on your classroom floor I’ll let your so called progressive backside patronize me. You’re more interested in mouthing the right platitudes than in what happens to actual human beings.
The one being patronizing, "sweetie", is you.

Forcing the homeless into camps against their will and holding them there is wrong.

What's your solution for homelessness that addresses the root causes? Because if you don't address the reasons that people become and remain homeless, you continue to get the problems you list.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I propose they be forced out of the public’s and private areas that they have taken over and made unusable or unsafe for the rest of the citizens. To do otherwise is a shame. What is done with them then is the question.
So, "move along pal and to heck with you" is your solution?

·
Premium Member
3,431 Posts
SLFarmMI, why don't you post your address and a proclamation that all homeless are welcome there?

·
Registered
32,721 Posts
If they didn't work for it, didn't earn it, they would trash any such facility that was provided. I see it all the time. People inherit a house, or a business, a farm, and it goes to hades. People that know how hard it was to build, or how hard they had to work to pay someone else to build, end up as much better caretakers of the things they have. People are homeless because they are allowed to be. If they appreciated four walls and a roof, they would do what it took to secure those living conditions. Those unable, mentally or medically, already have plenty of options, and allowing life on the streets to be an option for those people is not good for society. I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drum all day. Noise ordinances, and financial arrangements keep me from fulfilling my dreams. It's bad and it's horrible, but having to forego weeks at a time strung out on mind altering substances while earning a living can have it's own rewards. If anybody tells you that there are people who can't do anything to earn a living, watch out for those folks, they are probably government employees, and they likely don't do anything, yet still earn a living.

·
Registered
32,721 Posts
I live in the city.
Maybe some do need to be hanged

Funny how the word hung isn't correct in that sentence.

Funny how I used the word sentence when suggesting someone be hung. Now I am lost, should it be hung, or hanged?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
In such times as we are living and I see ILLEGAL immigrants being provided for and taken better care of than our homeless citizens we have a serious problem with reality. We seem to have no problem with putting the ILLEGAL immigrants in camps not of their choosing until we can provide the care and services that some seem to think they deserve. Yet we do not do the same for our own homeless citizens? Shame is not a sufficient term.
So, "move along pal and to heck with you" is your solution?
Reread what I wrote. I am all for the move along part. What happens after that, “the heck with you” part is up to you to solve since it seems other suggested solutions do not appease you. Letting them stay and continue to invade the private areas and prevent the safe use of the public areas by ALL of the public is WRONG.

·
Saltine American
6,732 Posts

Funny how I used the word sentence when suggesting someone be hung. Now I am lost, should it be hung, or hanged?
Strung up! ;)

·
Registered
16,253 Posts

Maybe it should have been hung. When someone visited my father he would always say, Come on over, we'll find I nail to hang you on.

·
Registered
32,721 Posts
I know for certain it is better to be hung, than to be hanged

Reactions: NRA_guy
221 - 240 of 282 Posts