Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We stayed outside Portland last night on our way to the coast and were enjoying the greenness and flowers everywhere.
As we drove around Portland just now on the 205 there were homeless camps and trash everywhere along the highway. I’ve never seen so many before. It wasn’t like this a year and a half ago when we were here.
Betweenn the out of control homeless situation and the continuing violent riots/protests downtown, I wouldn’t want to live here, even if it is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
across the highway, it was a long line of encampments.

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to get pics as you’re speeding by but you get the idea. My own city is struggling with the homeless issue and yesterday there was a “March” there demsnding among other things....an end to single family home zoning. :mad:

·
Registered
33,372 Posts
I can't help myself but to ask why?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hard to get pics as you’re speeding by but you get the idea. My own city is struggling with the homeless issue and yesterday there was a “March” there demsnding among other things....an end to single family home zoning. :mad:
They're doing the same thing in Charlotte NC. They are saying it's racial and social injustice...

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're doing the same thing in Charlotte NC. They are saying it's racial and social injustice...
It’s mental illness and addiction from what I’ve seen.
The ones who aren’t take the help offered and manage to get rehomed.

·
Registered
33,372 Posts
why they want to do away with single family zoning?
Because they think if they throw up apartments the homeless won’t be homeless anymore.
Sorry, no, my question is why is it allowed to continue?

·
Registered
33,372 Posts
I have a friend in Charlotte very actively fighting that

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, no, my question is why is it allowed to continue?
Because of ultra liberal city governments who allow taxpayers to suffer to allow the mentally ill and addicted to do as they please. It’s not humane at all, in my opinion.

·
Saltine American
6,778 Posts
The Feds want to put low-income housing in suburban neighborhoods.
Lisa, I wonder if some of those tents are for the Portland protesters.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I'm waiting and watching on a lot beside one of dad's rental houses. The set backs don't allow for a new construction. They are asking 10k for it. I sold a lot in the same neighborhood for five bucks and paid all closings cost...

·
Registered
33,372 Posts
Because of ultra liberal city governments who allow taxpayers to suffer to allow the mentally ill and addicted to do as they please. It’s not humane at all, in my opinion.
I am not trying to be difficult, but that I know. Why does the "ultra liberal city government" allow the homeless to make their city suck on a epic scale?

Portland is a legendary place. There has to be some reason for the madness.

·
Registered
33,372 Posts
What do you suggest? Put them in cages like Biden does the kids at the border, or just shoot them?
Are you suggesting the problem cannot be solved?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Some people don't want to work!!! My sister could hire a 100 @ $15 an hour at China-Mart. She can't find them...

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not trying to be difficult, but that I know. Why does the "ultra liberal city government" allow the homeless to make their city suck on a epic scale?

Portland is a legendary place. There has to be some reason for the madness.
Beats me.

1 - 20 of 315 Posts