Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night it was pretty stormy, so its obvious that the doe would have her kits!

These kits werent due unitl the 24th. Looks like at least four, could be wrong. I thought I would leave them in the nest as its biterly cold out.

Baily looks like a pretty good mom so far, this is her first litter with me. Her last litter at another rabbitry she over cleaned the kits, leaving them with missing limbs and ears....lets hope this dosnt happen...im afraid to look!!

A fair amount of fur pulled so im happy!

Looks like a darker litter, I saw a few brokens....I might be mistaken though, I didnt get a good look.

YAY BUNNIES!!!!:D:happy:

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Naturally she would kindle in the storm, Jesse! I think it is in the rabbit rule book. Congrats on the popples... just hope they have all their ears, tails and toes! :eek:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good News, everything is great!! No peanuts and all limbs are there!! She had 5!! YAY BUNNY!!!!!!!

More good news, my lionhead kindled this afternoon! She had four kits, all broken. This is a first time mom and did fairly well. The litter was a bit cold so I am heating them up with warm water bottles. I might bring them in for the night...havnt decided yet.

Lots of babies in the barn right now!

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
That is good news, Jesse! Glad your little momma bun didn't get overenthusiastic cleaning them up this time. Congrats on all the babies! :cute:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And now theres the bad news....

Ive got the kits warmer now....they are fine. I thought i would get more fur from the doe so i brought her to the top of the cages(its wood).

Well I was getting some fur I noticed blood, and then there was more of it. She is still bleeding. Is this normal? What should I do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts