Pop bottle nipples...

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Cat, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I'm cross-posting this to see what the shepherds think...I also posted on the goat forum so forgive me if that irritates...

Several years ago I was able to purchase some pop bottle nipples that were by far the best nipple I have ever used. It is similar to the regular tough-as-nails black gum however these are much (much much much) more pliable, rather than having the X in the top it is simple a very small round hole, and the color is a salmon or dark burnt-orangey color. I have one left that I have saved because I just can't stand to part with my last one, but it's torn slightly and really shouldn't be used. At any rate, I would have gotten this at Caprine Supply here in KS or perhaps Midstates Wool here in KS, but neither, from what I can gather, still carry them. Is anyone familiar with this nipple and know where I can find them? I have tried the Pritchard and don't much care for it, and I'm violently opposed to the black nipples because they're just too much work for a newborn. I have also seen clear latex controlled flow nipples and they get pulled off the bottle too easily once the lamb gets the least bit aggressive. So, I'm hoping that someone is familiar with this type of nipple and might know where I can find them! I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I used to be able to get white ones very similar to the black only much softer. I might have a few around I'll check.

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I went ahead and took a photo in the hopes that it would help.

[​IMG]

Needless to say I had just fed my newly orphaned lamb so it's a bit milky!! :no:

Thanks for the reply Ross!

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

OK, I called Caprine Supply where I'd bought these before and found out that they do indeed still carry them. Woo hoo! I figured they would have been listed on the website...guess not! Thanks Ross for your help!