Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems some people can get pretty heated on some threads. I've got enough stress in my life with work and everything else with out getting on here and :duel: with someone else. Are there some threads you just don't bother to get in to? Besides this one I can already see that one coming.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't even have goats and I can't keep from going there.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I back off threads that have a lot of posts.No use confusing things,surely you've got the answer by now.I also stay away from threads that are just "I got nothing to do so I think I'll start a thread about how good it feels to pick my nose!"I also avoid threads by persons that just come across wrong wheather intentionally or not.I don't need arragance and belittling. I can get all that I want right here close to home.
Don't get me wrong,this is not a problem, but that 1/2 percent does exist!
Hope I didn't step on any toes but you asked so that's what i do.

Wade

·
Outstanding in my field
3,339 Posts
Some of these more controversial topics seem to periodically make their rounds.

I started an evolution debate about a year ago and had no interest.

GMO has been a fairly dormant topic lately ... the latest thread is struggling for replies ... but in time we will probably have another big thread ending with a lock on it.

:lock:

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
What , don't you have any backbone at all? Are you as firm in your values as lunch school tapioca? What's your problem? Pretty pushy for a newbie.....

(Just joking. Really just a joke....... really.)

Me- I tend to avoid Country Family. To much drama.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Wow, I just asked what some thought of vaccination article, boy did I open a can of worms, I thought about posting "be nice people" but then I thought why take away their fun. Some like to argue their point. Some like to get worked up, adds spice to a boring day. I have learned you can't convince anyone to change what they believe. On the other hand people, I think, like to argue their point more to convince themselves than the other people. A kind of refresher in what they believe. I know my daughter argues points on her forum so that she can better understand what she believes. She has found in most cases logical arguments count little, most people have an emotional link to their beliefs.

As far as other threads go I won't post if someone has already clearly stated what I was going to say.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What , don't you have any backbone at all? Are you as firm in your values as lunch school tapioca? What's your problem? Pretty pushy for a newbie.....

(Just joking. Really just a joke....... really.)

Me- I tend to avoid Country Family. To much drama.
You got me I was fixing to lose it.:happy2:

·
Premium Member
41,026 Posts
I back off threads that have a lot of posts.No use confusing things,surely you've got the answer by now.I also stay away from threads that are just "I got nothing to do so I think I'll start a thread about how good it feels to pick my nose!"I also avoid threads by persons that just come across wrong wheather intentionally or not.I don't need arragance and belittling. I can get all that I want right here close to home.
Don't get me wrong,this is not a problem, but that 1/2 percent does exist!
Hope I didn't step on any toes but you asked so that's what i do.

Wade
I will reply to most threads... even one where someone likes to brag about picking their nose... that dont bother me at all... but I draw the line when they start talking about how tasty their buggers are! :umno:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that's just nasty. But then I would expect nothing less from you.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
I avoid the goat forum in general, but especially threads with titles about anything dripping or oozing.
oozing with charm???:benice:

:heh::teehee::heh:

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
I can seem heated about a subject when I actually am not. If I find a subject triggering me I will often step back and re-examine WHY I am triggered. Like when Oggie talks about evil cats, I have to hold myself back and look at pictures of kittens.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It seems some people can get pretty heated on some threads. I've got enough stress in my life with work and everything else with out getting on here and :duel: with someone else. Are there some threads you just don't bother to get in to? Besides this one I can already see that one coming.
can i like your post more than once...puhleeeeze :) i learned a long time ago to think very hard about what i put online (personal/privacy, etc). as a secondary learning, i've caught on to trying to stay aware and avoid conflict/confrontation. a lot of times, i don't even have an interest in reading threads that look like debates. it's fine for those that enjoy it, but i'm sure they have loved ones that would rather they give them their time. :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
I recently decided to try and stay out of controversial topics. Why should I get upset at something that sometimes is posted just to get a rise out of people? I sure hope I don't have to eat my words, lol.

No really, it is not worth it to me, I have my BP to monitor and my health means more to me than this forum. I'm too old to be getting overly-excited.;)

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
can i like your post more than once...puhleeeeze :) i learned a long time ago to think very hard about what i put online (personal/privacy, etc). as a secondary learning, i've caught on to trying to stay aware and avoid conflict/confrontation. a lot of times, i don't even have an interest in reading threads that look like debates. it's fine for those that enjoy it, but i'm sure they have loved ones that would rather they give them their time. :)
I couldn't agree more! I too avoid conflict/confrontation whenever possible. So many people these days are just rude and opinionated.

My policy has always been "if you can't say something nice,
put it in capital letters".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts