Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
I want to know how a calibration error makes the machine vote for the other party? That would seem to be a programming error as from what I know about calibration, that is related to measurements and use of instruments that take measurements, i.e. it ensures that the scale you weigh on at the doctor's office is accurate by making small adjustments using a known standard.

How can a scale be calibrated to change a person's vote? I believe it would rather be a programming error that is coded that no matter what party is voted for, the machine is coded to reflect a democratic vote. (and that is not what calibration does)..

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Touch screens are known to have problems. I investigated touch screen for my point-of-sale software early on and discarded the idea. The whole idea of votes going into a computer without a paper trail is asinine and a case of buyers being entranced by bright shining objects.

Voting in a two party system is also a sleight-of-hand. There are better systems that are weighted systems, but they can be a bit complicated for illiterates.

(edit to add: A "poling" machine is a machine that would give the user the shaft. A polling machine is one used in determining public sentiment.)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Nothing news, first heard of it in 2004 elections where they switched to GOP vote, then dems finally figured out to to program them 2 years ago to get the same. So depending where you are and which party programs them to get which outcome

Both parties suck!

Reactions: Sawmill Jim
1 - 7 of 7 Posts