Okay. I've got poison ivy vines the size of a man's arm growing up my trees. I chopped the vines and put poison on, but the next spring I see more smaller vines climbing up the trees like nobody's business. Growing fast too like 5 feet in one season. I'm inundated with poison ivy and not sure how I'm going to rid my property of the stuff because there is so much. It grows up any tree with rough bark. It's everywhere. Is it possible to get rid of this curse over time or is it a major everliving headache to deal with every year? :grump: I'm very allergic to it so it's a big deal to me. Every time I try to deal with it I break out and have to take prednisone and get shots. Surely there is some substance that can knock it out for good. I feel like the only way I can tackle it is to herbicide every inch of ground where the stuff is found, but doing that really goes against my principles of good stewardship. I can't get goats yet.