Please make it stop -- snowing!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sisterpine, Jun 12, 2005.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Told DH this morning that I am ready to move to someplace where it does not snow so much in June! I am not sure where that would be besides arizona (and I'm not going back there- ever!). Hmm maybe Oregon- all it does is rain there...or maybe Texas- nope they got snakes!
    So while you all are out working in your gardens and watering your lawns today please take a minute and do a "non-snow" dance for those of us living in the confused state of Montana! Many thanks!

2. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

Wow.....

Even here in Northern Michigan it's been HOT.
    Best of luck with your non-snow dances!! Is this typical June weather for Montana??????? :confused:

Kaza

3. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

Am I reading this right, you're in "southwest Montana"? Wow!

Stop snpwong dance headed your way, along with a side of our 95-100 degree weather.

Nikki

4. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:) I think it helps to really take a look at places and not go for "stereotypes" and hearsay.

Here in Western OR, I beg to differ about "raining all of the time"..we have a dry season. If we are lucky we have a good wet season too. Ours was delayed this year, Jan and Feb being very dry. Fortunately we are making up for that dry spell now. but we were getting worried for a bit there. :p

When we started thinking of retirement we looked at all three of the Pacific Coast States, and right where we settled has the least serious weather problems(including earthquakes .) of any state in the nation. And a mild climate too. People think we have "high humidity". Wrong. we have Normal humidity. Places in the south and midwest have High Humidity. People think we get rain all of the time and lots of it. No...places in the south and the east get really serious rain because they get severe weather like thunderstorms, tropical systems and the like. We rarely get anything like that.

I think there are a lot of places all over our country that we have preconcieved notions about but when you take a closer look these don't often turn out to be true.

I feel sorry for you and that snow! We took a close look at Missoula, MT as we loved that town, but the winters were too much and it was too far from the ocean.

Build up the fire and do indoor stuff. Do you quilt? :p

LQ