Please look - Sacred Heart Diet

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by dunroven, Jun 30, 2006.

1. dunroven

dunroven Well-Known Member Supporter

Okay, I posted about this diet before, and not many responses. I really didn't start very good on it, but hubby did and did well. However, we got off of it and wandered around again.

Anyway, we are starting back on it and folks, I have to tell you, we have done it for one week. Our results are amazing. This is not an advertisement for it, cause you have to buy and cook your own foods and all that, and no one is associated with it like it says it is. It claims to be associated with the Sacred Heart Hospital, well I called them to see if I could get some clarification on it and they said they are not even remotely involved with it.

Anyway, we did it this week. Hubby lost 17 pounds this first week, and I have lost 11. We really stuck to it, and intend to do it again. I have a LOT to lose and hubby has a moderate amount. I have come to believe that these "way of life" and "way of eating" may be good for some people, but those things actually have sounded worse to me than just a diet. They sound so long term, I can't stick with something that says "for the rest of your life, you gotta do this". If I know that someday I can eat those things that I like and still have a way out (not yo-yoing, but you all know what I mean), then I can do that, cause it's not permanent. Permanent depresses me.

Anyway, if anyone else tries it and has good results, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I just did a google on sacred heart diet, which someone had told me about, and found it and it is working....very well.

2. tinda

tinda Well-Known Member

I'm going to give it a try.

Let us know how things are going for you. I have thyroid problems which may sabotage the whole thing but nothing ventured, nothung gained.

3. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

well, if I ate that kind of stuff I wouldn't need a diet.

When they come up with a balongna sandwich, fried potatoes, and beer diet, let me know. ok?

donsgal

4. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

I have done this for the last week. It was easy to be on and by day three I had lost 5 lbs. Tomorrow is day 7 and I will have lost a total of 10 lbs. I feel great, too! I'm going to do this again and then again, though I imagine at some point the body will rebel and say NO! For now, I am happy and glad to say this way of eating works!

5. DownHome

DownHome Well-Known Member

Alright, you got me. I'm willing to give it a try and positive or negative I'll let you know how I did. It sounds fairly easy...although the soup is cooking right now and it certainly don't smell like mommas, so we will see how that goes. Fruits and veggies I like those. It seems doable. gl to me :baby04:

6. DownHome

DownHome Well-Known Member

I am the WORST dieter every. After just 2 days of that soup I couldn't gag it down. :shrug: It really wasn't that bad, but when that is all you get to eat it was just too much for me. I couldnt stick it out, but I did still lose 2 pounds in that week.

Things I did learn about my self that kind of surprised me.

1. I enjoy fruit and will eat it if it is available in the fridge...even over chocolate!!

2. It doesn't kill ya to go to bed a little hungry. I thought I would be awake all night with growling stomach. I wasn't and I didn't even wake up hungry.

3. I was really eating way more than I needed to.

Thanks all for the support and thread.

7. sweet_mae

sweet_mae sweet_mae Supporter

There are a few recipes for the soup. Which one is the recipe you are using?
    thank you in advance,

8. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

so how much soup does a recipe make?

9. momlaffsalot

There is only one recipe for soup, and it makes about two days worth if you eat it as often as you are supposed to. I did lose weight with it, but after the second week, I could not force down another bowl of soup. I am now just using the principle of the diet, which is pretty much white stuff-carb free, lots of veggies, fruit and such.

10. chamoisee

chamoisee Well-Known Member

I tried it, and the soup is good, but I wasn't able to stay on it for more than a day or two. I was/am breastfeeding, and apparently needed more calories than it provided, because I got low blood sugar, weak and shaky, couldn't think or function....so I had to stop. Maybe after I'm done nursing the baby. :)

11. sweet_mae

Momlaffsalot when I searched the internet for the diet there was at least 3 different sites for the same diet but with 3 different recipes. So, I was just wondering which recipe people were using on here.

12. momlaffsalot

Really? Hmmm, I'll have to research it further then. Maybe it will make the diet more tolerable to have three different kinds of soup to choose from :)

13. sweet_mae

lol let me know which one you go with and how it worked for you :)
    I am still trying to decide :shrug:

14. caroline00

are herbs not allowed?
    can I cook up a pot of soup and add different herbs as I heat it up for a meal?

one meal Italian, one meal cilantro and jalipenos, one meal garlic/onion etc? It says that worschestershire can be used? what about differnt vinegars splashed on top>?

It seems like cabbage could be added for variety, doesnt it?

15. chamoisee

chamoisee Well-Known Member

I'd think you can add just about any herd or green, yellow, or red vegetable you want, just not potatoes or starchy stuff.

16. momlaffsalot

Yes, I cheated with things like cabbage and even chicken in my soup! Still lost the weight though. I agree withchamoisee, just stay away from the startches and you'll be fine!
    My friend tried this and lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks.

17. redbudlane

redbudlane Head Zookeeper

Does the weight stay off or does it come right back after you stop eating the soup?

18. momlaffsalot

It stays off if you continue to eat properly! :)

19. caroline00

well, I have Wilsons thyroid syndrome...

I started Wed. Thurs we went on a 12 mile canoe trip with the children and didnt make it home for dinner... I had salad and a baked potato with butter.. they didnt have fat free dressing so I had about a tsp of French dressing... I also forgot and had a piece of our daughters birthday cake that day.

Other than that, I havent deviated from the instructions... as if today, I have lost 6 pounds...

what do you use for salad dressing? At home I like seasoned rice vinegar. It does have a bit of sugar in it...no oil.

20. momlaffsalot

I use a vinegarette...sometimes I cheat though and have a little rach mixed with it. Good for you for losing 6 lbs! That's a lot, you know...keep up the good work!
    May I ask what Wilson's thyroid syndrome is?