Please let me encourage you to attend a HT event

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by clovis, Jun 25, 2006.

1. clovis

clovis Well-Known Member

Last Saturday, a small group of HT folks from Indiana got together for a pitch-in lunch at a state park.

Even though our group was small, it was a fun filled time....and we learned alot from the others in attendence.

One member of this forum, ericjeeper, is building and engineering his own solar power heating unit, which he hopes will heat his entire house throughout cold Indiana winters. It was wonderful learning experience to hear about his plans and progress with this project.

Liveonland shared with us some of his experiences growing produce, and raising rabbits at his place. Also great to hear about his solar projects.

I wished I would have had the time to talk to some of the other attendees... we could have learned so much from them.

Please let me encourage you to attend a HT event in your area or state. It is nice to meet down to earth folks who are like minded! I left the event knowing that I met some good people, made some great contacts, and learned alot!

clove

2. BillyGoat

BillyGoat Well-Known Member

I live in Tx, but am from Indy. Just curious, what park did you all meet at. Sounds like you had a good time!

3. clovis

clovis Well-Known Member

We met at McCormick's Creek State Park near Spencer, Indiana. We met in a picnic shelter house, which was perfect.

(Thanks again to momof4 for organizing the event).

The last HT event I attended in Indiana was at Garfield Park in Indianapolis. I know it sounds odd for a group of HT folks to meet in the city, but Garfield Park was a great place to meet. Plenty of room, centrally located, easy to access, and a very pretty park.

clove

4. clovis

clovis Well-Known Member

Bump....I really encourage everyone to attend the HT event in your area!

5. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

It's a blast! Come on down!

6. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

We certainly enjoyed meeting HT folks at the recent Buffalo River campout and would recommend that forum members get together when possible. Putting faces and personalities with screen names makes a big difference.