Please help me test this survey!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by snoozy, Apr 3, 2005.

1. snoozy

snoozy Well-Known Member Supporter

I am working on my website for my new tea company, Pow! Cha Tea Company. Prior to launching the website at TeaboyExpress.com, I want to test out this survey page. Please help me by taking a few moments to fill out this online tea survey:

<http://wwastar.com/getform.exe?wwclient=teaboyexpress&wwformid=teamail>

And please feel free to forward this link to anyone you know who enjoys tea. Free tea samples may be in your future!

Thanks so much!!

2. Tater'sPa

Tater'sPa Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you on your business!
    I would like to ask about iced teas.... I use to buy bulk loose leaf years ago that made great southern iced tea but they went out of biz. I now buy liptons loose leaf (orange pekoe and black cut pekoe.....i think)
    Any suggestions?
    As far as hot tea... occasionally Earl Grey

3. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Well-Known Member

Why not post a link so people wouldn't have to type all the addy?

4. Steph in MT

Steph in MT Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm tea.....
    Survey complete! :)
    Good luck on your business~
    Steph

5. farminghandyman

farminghandyman Well-Known Member Supporter

you can copy and past the link, insted of typing it,

6. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

You need an option of "other" (with a fillable field) on some of the questions.

7. caballoviejo

caballoviejo Well-Known Member

Error detected:
    Form file not found: teamail>.html

I got the message above

8. snoozy

Hmmn. I pasted the link which I posted in the first posting here, and I got a hideous Microsoft thang. Then I went to a copy of the link which I had sent to somebody I know, and it worked fine. So I have copied it below:

http://wwastar.com/getform.exe?wwclient=teaboyexpress&wwformid=teamail

It is the same, but here at least it is acting like a link. It works. How odd. Maybe the webguy was working on it momentarily.

Southerngurl -- Which question exactly do you think needs an "other" box?

Tater's Pa -- The way we would make tea at the teahouse was to take 2/3 - 3/4 cup of black tea and put it in a one gallon glass jar. Then we'd fill it halfway up with BOILING water. Set the timer for 3 minutes (for most black teas), then at the 3 minute point, we'd add cold water to the top, and set the timer for another 3 minutes. The we'd strain it, and add cold water to the top to make up for any liquid absorbed by the tea leaves. The boiling water for the first 3 minutes releases the flavourful oils, and the continued steeping at a lower temperature allows more colour to develop without it getting too bitter.

At the present time, I have a nice slightly smoky Yunnan black tea which makes delicious iced tea (especially so if you add the zest of an orange to the jar during the steeping.) This is the most economical tea I have at $10/lb, so you'd get maybe 8 gallon batches of iced tea from a pound. I think. On the other hand, at one heaping teaspoon (or 1/100 lb) of tea leaves for every 12oz of hot water, you'd get 100 12oz pots of hot tea out if it. And so even $25/lb tea is a reasonable deal in a hot beverage ($.25 per pot.)

You know, now that I think of it, if an inexpensive black tea is 10 cents a pot and an relatively expensive black tea is 25 cents a pot, then the difference -- 15 cents -- isn't even enough to buy a newspaper to read with your tea, so drink the expensive stuff!! No, actually, drink that which tastes good to you, without regard to the price.

Mostly I handle high end gourmet teas, which need to be hot to be appreciated, since the aroma rides the steam. And at the price of some of them ($90/lb :eek: ,) you wouldn't want to miss out on the wonderful aroma by drinking them cold! Chinese traditionalists say you should never drink tea cold - bad for stomach or chi or something.

I am going to be getting in a green tea from Kenya which has a fragrance like melon or lichee, and this aroma is still there even when the tea is cold. Very refreshing, and kind of amazing when you realize that no fragrance or flavouring was sprayed on it -- it is just the natural fragrance of the tea. I was thinking it would be good for a green iced tea.

9. Corgitails

Corgitails Well-Known Member

People who say tea should only be drunk hot have never dealt with southern humidity and heat. :D Nothing like it in the summer! My favorite is cheapo tea leaves (whatever's on sale, although I'm currently working my way through a box of pekoe orange :D) with lemon zest and crushed raspberries added while it's sitting in the sun, over lotsa ice. :D

10. snoozy

:haha: I can't imagine the American south could be any steamier than most of southern or eastern Asia! But cold tea is a coming thing in such places, despite traditional Chinese concepts. In Java, for instance, the traditional beverage is jasmine tea, and an Indonesian fellow by the name of Sosrojoyo got the idea to bottle cold, sweetened, jasmine tea. The Coca Cola people poo-pooed it, but the drink "Teh Botol" ("Bottle Tea") took over something like 60% of the soft drink market in a very short time.