Play by Play of the now infamous pygmy goat birth

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Croenan, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Croenan

Croenan Well-Known Member

Man....now I'll have to check the board all night! I would have induced her in the early am!

As for names...my vote is for Slow and Poke. :cool:

2. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Latest info-- small amount of whitish discharge, and she is licking her pee after she goes to the bathroom. Nothing to terribly exciting, but she is doing good so far. :)

3. livestockmom

livestockmom Well-Known Member

Thats exciting that she is licking her pee.... when any fluids are on the ground that smell like their kids ( i'm assuming she is smelling something different to her), they will keep licking and smelling that area.
    When she starts streaming or her water breaks, she will deliver around that same spot and continue to check, smell, lick the area looking for her little ones.... sounds good...woohoo!

4. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I had to get out of bed, to come and check, i can't wait to hear the news ,that they are on the ground.

5. goatladie

goatladie JustALittleGoatCrazy....

How about Patience and Virtue?! :bash:

6. tinetine'sgoat

She is pooing and peeing away. Having light contractions where her back is arching up, she seems to be in good spirits. Looks a little disorientated when she gets a contraction, but other than that still good. Her behind is getting swollen and pink. She has a small amount of clearish discharge. Dr. said that it could take up to 24 hours for all of this to come full circle I'm hoping for midday babies!! All the best to you all, I'll post later. :D

7. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

sounds close hon.good luck, .

8. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

LOL...I love 'em!

Ruth

9. tinetine'sgoat

She is still having back arching contractions, a little closer together but they dont last to long, probably 10 seconds each. She ate her grain this morning, she wasn't her normal vaccuum cleaner self, but she got it down. It got really chilly here last night, so I am going to take her out some warm water with brown sugar for a little boost. Her bottom is pink and has clear discharge still. She was mad at me though when I wouldn't let her out of her pen. She knows that after grain you go out to play, and wasn't really happy when she found out she was grounded. :grump: I'll keep posting through the day! :D

10. tinetine'sgoat

She refused her warm water treat and I decided since she was getting so irritated and jumping around with being in her pen to let her out in the dry lot. She is the only one in there and it joins her pen so it will be easy to put her back in. She is walking around it now. :walk: Maybe that will speed things up. ;)

11. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

Not yet!! :grit: I have too leave in 1/2 hour-i will miss it!! Good luck-we are all rooting for a safe, happy delivery-this has too be the most followed post on here! :) :)

12. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

How am I going to get anything done today when i have to check this post every five minutes? Ok, What part of Missouri are you at....I'm coming over!!! (just kidding, Ha! Ha!)

13. tinetine'sgoat

Northeast MO, just follow the sounds of sanity cracking. ;) Her ooze is changing from completely clear to a light milky color. She had one strong contraction that brought her bottom under her and she squirted out I'm assuming pee. She turned around to lick it then threw her head up and made the funniest face. Kinda a goat smile/grimace :stars:. I hate to laugh at her, but that one was hard not to. I am going to take a quick shower to warm up and then head back out. I'll keep you posted. :hand:

14. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

The back arching, swollen butt, and milk white discharge are all symtoms tha our goat got before she delivered a couple hours later. I can NOT WAIT to hear that she has finally had her babies, my mother is now watching your posts now, only the ones about you goat though, so don't worry. Well good luck, sure sounds like it is soon. By the way, as soon as the babies come, you just HAVE to post pictures, if you don't know how some one will be able to tell you, can't wait. Well I gotta go now, bye.

15. Goat Freak

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, our goat stopped eating when she was about an hour or two away form the baby being born, she would not even touch GRASS, which was weird because all the other goats were chowing away.

16. mamahen

mamahen Well-Known Member Supporter

Tinetine,

I'll be bringing coffee & lunch, meet us at the barn ;)

The "flehming" she is doing means she's trying to detect the scent of something. That's good! Funny faces, my little doe does it, too. I'm used to the bucks doing it, it's funny when the girls do it. :eek:

I hope it's warmer in MO than it is here in PA. It's only 37 & been drizzleing for the past week! Not good kidding weather! I have a doe due next week. (Crossing my fingers!)

I'll be praying that you & your doe have a safe delivery. :clap:

Tricia

17. Goat Freak

Hey, mamahen, can I come too?

18. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

Ready and waiting here! I gotta go to lunch with Mum, will check back as soon as I get home. Good Luck Miracle and tinetine!

19. Goat Freak

Amen to that titansrunfarm!

20. mamahen

mamahen Well-Known Member Supporter

GoatFreak, if you're done with school for the day, we'll swing down to FL & pick you up. You can bring cookies! ;)

tricia