Plava Cream Separator

Discussion in 'Goats' started by 1farmgirl, Dec 17, 2003.

1. 1farmgirl

1farmgirl Well-Known Member

Last year there was a thread about a Plava Cream separator. I can't seem to find it now. Can anyone give me information on where to buy one? This one was around $89 I think. I didn't need it after all last year, so I didn't get one. I think I will this year and would like to get one. Thanks for any help.

Kathy

2. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

You can buy them here http://www.homestead-products.com/plava.htm

You aren't gonna find one for $89 though, they run $175

I have one of the manual ones, to be honest, I should have just spent the $50 more and bought the electric. YOu can sometimes find them on ebay for not too bad of a price.

Use the search function up at the top of the page to try and find the thread....sometimes you get lucky and can find stuff :)

Tracy

3. LuckyGRanch

LuckyGRanch Well-Known Member

You are right. There was a thread about one for $89 and I think someone off the board purchased from this person. I tried with little success awhile back contacting her, got one email and then never heard back. I wanted to know shipping costs, etc!! I got the feeling she may have been from out of the country...perhaps in Russia? If my memory serves me, that is where they are made.

When I was reasearching this, I ran across some all metal ones with motors for around $225. I'll see if I can find it again. They were sold out at the time. Were waiting for a shipment from India....don't remember the brand name.

4. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, they are made in Russia.

Hmm, I wonder what shipping from there would have ran?

I'm going to have to get my seperator out and see if I can remember how it all goes together!

Tracy

5. 1farmgirl

1farmgirl Well-Known Member

Yes, I found that. Lakshmi http://www.homestead-products.com/lakshmi.htm
    I tried running the archives and didn't come up with the Plava thread. Anyway, since I posted, I googled Plava and found that they were having more trouble with the hand cranked ones than they expected. Has anyone had trouble with theirs? I'd rather spend a little more money and get one that I can use without having a lot of trouble. Since I've never used one, I don't want to get frustrated right off the bat.

Kathy

6. nicestore2000

nicestore2000 Member

Hi guys

that was me who posted that ad last year

I do always have PLAVA in stock

i just posted new ad with all my selection for Cream Separators(chreck in BARTER)

few people on this forum bought from me last year

I think I offer best prices ,specialy for electric ones