Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alice I believe you had one for milking, how well has it held up? Looking for other opinions if you have any. Thinking of getting one for a milk room and another for a kid house

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
40,180 Posts
I have used an old chicken house, and old feed house, and now I have a metal sided building that was actually DESIGNED to be a milk house. :)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I had a rubbermaid storage shed that wasn't actually for the goats but the goats could rub on it. My goats were large size. The door hinges weren't the best and a goat can pop them off so many times the little nubs will break off. Maybe ok for a kid house or running goats through for milk though.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alice I could have swore you used one of those sheds guess Im loosing more of my mind.. lol.. This is a suncast unit which gets much higher customer satisfaction ratings. It takes right at 4 hours to put together vrs the 30 min for the rubbermaid models which may be why. I was worried about it coming apart to easy but for $250 vrs the $600 it was I figured it was worth a shot, this is an 8x10 I think so its hopefully going to be a decent milk house for a while, if not Im sure we can re-purpose it

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its still in the box on the trailer but hopefully I can post this weekend. I like the fact you can spray it down inside or out. Its going to potentially be a tight fit but I cant milk more than 2 at a time anyway

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
I have seen the Suncast sheds @ Sam's Club. They do look sturdy, and I'm curious to see what yours turns out like, Cannon Farms.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pics will probably make it on FB before here but I will get them on here the evening I have it up, if the weather is cooperative I will be working every moment I can from daylight to dark trying to get things sorted out here, we will be milking twice the does and possibly feeding twice the kid crop, with all things pointing to a bad winter I have ants in my pants to get things on the ball.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
please forgive my dirty stand and stool they have been sitting outside for a long time, until a week ago all my girls where dry, just recently bought another in milk. All in all I like the building it feels very sturdy, more secure feeling than those small metal sheds that my goats demolished. We will have to build new stands to make everything flow a bit better which means my favorite one pictured will have to go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I lucked up and my local store had them on clearance for $250 but none of the other stores around had them on clearance (walmart)
Full cost is just at $500 and can be ordered through walmarts site

1 - 12 of 12 Posts