Plastic bag uses

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Ken Scharabok, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I use them for cushioning material and occasionally box liners on items I ship out.

2. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member Supporter

I step each boot into one when I need to come inside from the yard for a minute or two.

Rick

3. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

Smart thinking!

I use fabric bags to shop but when we do have plastic ones accumulated I take them to the Health Food store and they use them for people's purchases.

4. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

I have a lovely shaded area under five oak trees next to my house. The ground cover doesn't have to be mowed, but I have to walk through it occasionally looking for poison ivy sprouts.

I carry a few of the ubiquitous bags. When I locate a poison ivy sprout, I stick my hand in the bag, grab the sprout with my hand protected, pull up the plant (roots and all), and turn the bag inside out, trapping the ivy inside. Then it goes to the burning barrel.

5. Northman

Northman Well-Known Member

If you are an archer I have a greatway to use thousands of bags.
    I use a 50# feed sack and stuff it with bags use plastic zip ties to seal the end. paint a target on it and you saved yourself $50. pls you can restuff it as you get more bags or re cover it with feed bags when it's shot up.

6. Daddyof4

Daddyof4 Well-Known Member

I use them to change my oil filter. I turn the bag inside out, grab the pre-loosened filter, and remove it while turning it inside out and trapping the filter inside. I can then drain the oil while still holding it if need be. My hands stay spotless.

Very much like Rose's cure for poison ivy.