plants not worth anything

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by ceresone, Mar 26, 2006.

1. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

good thing my hubby has problems (brain tumor, poss alz.) because today he told me the plants i'm raising (tomatoes, cabbage, brussel sprouts, brocolli, and cauliflower) arent worth anything, cause i dont want to sell them !! better i rant on here--than at him!!!!

2. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Aggravating isn't it when you don't get any support from your spouse? :grump:

When mine says stuff like that I tell him the enjoyment I get from gardening is worth every second because it helps lower my blood pressure when he's getting on my last nerve! ;)

3. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

I'd ask him if he likes to eat......."food doesn't grow itself ya' know!" My DH knows better, I guess I got him pretty much trained in that respect, he didn't say a word when I bought my doeling or put in my seed order.

4. midkiffsjoy

midkiffsjoy Bedias, Texas

I had a city person at my Great Uncles and Aunt's funeral yesterday say that all country people MUST be GREAT cooks because of the lack of fast food resterants and complained that there were so many SPANISH people where he is that there are NEVER enough peppers. I told him that "we all" have FREEZERS and gardens so WE dont have to pay 1.50 for EACH bell pepper !!!!! Try handing your hubby $50.00 and telling him to buy enough food for your fmaily for a WEEK with it. grin. (at least in your mind, it'll cheer you up by giving you a giggle) My hubby is a city boy and I've completely converted him. For Valentine's day he tilled my garden for me. grin.

HUGS!!!!!!! You sound like you need them today!