Planters Wart

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Laura Workman, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

I had one on my big toe once as a child. We went to the doctor and he prescribed a liquid medicine. It was not the wart-off type acid stuff. It didn't hurt and didn't make any noticable difference in the wart's appearance. Then one day after a couple of weeks (I'm guessing here on the time. It was a long time ago.), my mom squeezed it on either side, like some might do with a pimple, and it popped right out. No bleeding, little pain, more like tickling. It left a cool little pit in my toe for a day or two, then no sign of the wart at all. Bottom line - your son doesn't have to be afraid to go to the doctor, and the doctor doesn't have to burn or freeze or cut the wart off. Good luck!

2. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

My grandmother had few more steps to the full moon cure.

Cut the potato in half, rub the cut side on the wart. Rub a real copper penny on the wart. Put the penny between the halves of the potato and bury them on the south side of an oak tree.

3. bulldinkie

bulldinkie Well-Known Member

These antibiotic creams at the store like neosporin. Theres an ingredient in them that stops it dead.I just cant remember what it is. I used it it works great.Maybe just call the dr . I wouldnt think hed have to see it just ask for prescription.sorry cant remember what its called.Its one ingredient inthem that works.

4. Runners

Runners A real Quack!

I haven't tried this one, Paul Harvey mentioned it.

Duck Tape.

Put it on, peal it off, repeat until it's gone - some 6 weeks. Something in the adhesive of the tape slowly kills them, painlessly.

5. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Follow up on Runners post

Duct Tape Occlusion Therapy: Removal of the Common Wart (Verruca vulgaris)
    Cut a piece of duct tape as close to the size of the wart as possible.
    Leave on for six days.
    If the original piece of duct tape falls off, immediately replace with more duct tape.
    At the end of six days, remove the tape, soak the area in water, and then gently rub the wart with an emery board or pumice stone.
    Leave tape off for overnight, and then reapply the next morning.
    Repeat until the wart(s) disappear (maximum 2 months).

6. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I wonder if the penny would make this more effective on girls. If one of my daughters gets a wart, I'll have to try it.

Jena

7. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

I pretty much did the same thing with the one I had. Took me a few tries - it would grow back and I would cut it away again - with nail clippers. I started to also then soak the area with hydrogen peroxide after cutting it away and when I did that it disappeared for good.

8. we just got thru dealing with one on my teenage daughter's heel. We first used the acid treatments which did not work, they just reduced the size of the wart. I bought the new freeze-off spray and after repeated applications, they finally started to go. One of the first indicators that we were making progress is that the head which is usually red, turned black. Make sure you keep the applicator "on" for the prescribed amount of time. She actually had about 5 or 6 of these grouped together.

9. jhannibalak

jhannibalak Member

I have talked to my son and he loves duct tape...so he is going to try the tape for awhile. We will let you know if it works or if his foot falls off.
    thanks, for the information. JOHN

10. jhannibalak

jhannibalak Member

Went to wal mart today and got him some of that stuff in pads...i am going to have him use them with duct tape over them. I hope this will work. Let you know in a couple of weeks.

11. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

I had one they I fought with for a couple of years. The doctor tried to freeze it off (didn't work), then I went for months of very expensive laser treatments (didn't work and I cried for two days after each one). Finally I gave up and bought some stuff called Duofilm from Wal-mart. I used that faithfully for two weeks, and soaked it and scraped it every night for awhile. It was gone, and never came back. DH had one that went almost through to the bone. He had to have it surgically removed. They're just awful!

12. missyinohio

missyinohio Well-Known Member

I've only had one plantars wart in my life, but this is how I treated it. My brother was the one who told me what to do. Take a needle, heat to sterilize, and while it is still hot (have I lost anyone yet??) gently push into the center of the wart just until you touch "live" flesh. Those of you who have had one know what I mean. It's like trimming callouses with a trimmer, there's a lot of dead skin, before you get to the live stuff. Anyway, do that a few times, and it will kill the root, and the wart will die. I did this 30 years ago, so I don't recall the time frame, but I know that it was pretty quick, and really relatively painless.