Planters Anonymous

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by galfriend, Aug 3, 2005.

1. galfriend

galfriend Well-Known Member

Hello everybody. I have an addiction, to plants/planting.

I must be out'of my mind! :help:
    It is HOTTER than blazes here and we have every afternoon thunderstorms with rain. Hornworms and I have been in war(s) over at the tomato and bell pepper plants. I believe it could be called a draw as to who really won the plants. Most had bellies full when I could finally see them there.
    The tomato plants that struggle to remain with their fruits clinging to near death are so withered and worn and look so pitiful. I wouldn't dare try to root any clippings from these.
    I can barely stand to be out in this heat early mornings, or evenings, well it's raining by then or it has.

Like a fool, I seen some tomato plants at the hardware store yesterday and I bought them. :nono: It was just 6 plants. That's all. I'd call that keeping within some control....(I wanted to get more)
    I brought them home and hide them under the trailer, till I can sneak outside some where and plant these babies and get'em going.
    Only after I was already checked out did I spy mustard green seeds hanging up in packets on their wall. (Yes.....I'll have to go back)

My DH is gonna commit me to Planters Anonymous when he finds out what I've done!

How many others really want to try and recovery after this heat blasting summer, but they just CAN'T!!!

2. kosh

kosh Well-Known Member

you arent alone! I'm the same way.. I went to a local nursery to buy a few plants for my brothers house warming, and they had a special with annuals "free to a good home. as many as you want for free with a purchase" so not only did i leave there with the plants for him, but got myself a few heirloom tomato plants, heirloom eggplants, marigolds, basil, and other misc plants.. Like my 24 tomato plants and 6 existing eggplants arent enough!! aaaahhh i'm an addict!!!