Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka RamblinRoseRanc :)
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is, but it's GORGEOUS! Any ideas?

Attachments

·
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you're right!
Thank you.
Btw....if you don't mind me asking, you're not near the Bowling Green area, are you?

Reactions: soulsurvivor

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
Looks like you're right!
Thank you.
Btw....if you don't mind me asking, you're not near the Bowling Green area, are you?
No, afraid not. It's a good 3 hour drive southwest of me and that's with stopping only long enough for one quick potty break. Please feel free to pm me anytime.

oh, don't forget that Bowling Green is in the Central Time Zone, hour behind us.

·
Registered
999 Posts
DamnearaFarm, I adore spirea!! Have you ever seen the bridal variety? It is white and flowy. I hadn't ever seen them until a few months ago, and then coveted one... only to be told that they were 'in' a few years back, but not so much now... so hard to get locally. :(

·
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, SoulSurvivor :)

I'm going to track down some spirea....this is the first time I've ever seen it that I know of....the bridal variety sounds gorgeous!

Reactions: soulsurvivor

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
The bridal variety blooms in late May or June here in WI for about 10 days. It is very graceful and light when allowed to grow in its natural form.

Unfortunately folks cut the tops off instead of removing canes down near the base and inadvertently destroy its natural beauty.

I think it is fairly easy to root.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Rabbits love Spirea too! They chew mine down to about 12 inches every winter!

·
Registered
61 Posts
In Florida, you can find this at most big box stores labelled as Loropetalum. We grow it as a hedge in our yard. Needs very little care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts