Pistol Identification

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bsmock, Aug 18, 2004.

1. bsmock

bsmock New Member

I am trying to identify when the following pistol was manufactured:
    The pistol is a Model 922, Serial #N79482, manufactured by H&R Arms

2. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

This would be a top-break revolver in .22 LR? Nine shot?

3. Ed Norman

Ed Norman Well-Known Member

Please don't ever give out the whole serial number. Common form is #N79XXX.

Now look, I can say to the local police, hey, my pistol, serial number N79482, got stolen years ago and now this guy on the computer says he has it. Then you got some splaining to do.

4. Cosmoline

Cosmoline Active Member

Boy that's a tough one. The only on-line source for H&R SN's is in relation to their Garands. The company is very old and has (with certain exceptions such as the Garands) never attracted much attention by collectors. I'd say your best bet would be to call up H&R's current owners, Marlin, and see if they can direct you to someone who has the SN database.

Those are good revolvers BTW, though their resale value is pretty limited.

5. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

http://www.krause.com/

nice place to find out about firearms for sale, both antique and new in box, as well as other publications they have. I have been reading and buying thru the gunlist magazine for several years though a local dealer.

It wont neccesarilay give ou the excat year born in, but can give you an idea what its worth from a dealer standpoint, and sometimes the year made is attached to a for sale firearm as well. Add it to you bookmarks.

Since H&R became New England Arms sometime back, it was most likely made in the 60's with that serial but i dunno for sure myself.

William