Pink Eye Pig

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by thorngirl, Dec 17, 2003.

1. thorngirl

thorngirl Well-Known Member

My Pot Bellied pig has a bit of pink eye and is due to have babies any day now. I don't want to upset her by putting her in a crate to go to the vets office so is there anything I can do for her here at home?,she's not one to let us get too close to her so any treatment would have to be something to go in her food or water if that's possible?. Thanks for any help or ideas.

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

I haven't seen a hog with pink eye, but it is common in cattle. Your vet may haye some type of spray in a can that would help her. I'd go talk to the vet, and see what he reccomends.

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy

Go to your feed store and look for pink eye powder. Its comes in a puffer bottle.. For the life of me I cant think of the name... Pink eye is very catagious so youll want to treat it asap and watch the babies.... There are several types/brands out there, read the backs til you find what you need. My puffer bottle that I keep on hand for such things got "borrowed" by the neighbor... And we all know how THAT goes..

4. thorngirl

thorngirl Well-Known Member

The problem with trying to use spray or powder is that she won't let us near enough to treat her with it and again I don't want to cause her any undue stress right now.