Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a liter of pb's who I had to take from their mother.

The 2 girls are very very tiny, and one has developed milk scours...she was fine on the colostrum supplement, and I slowly moved them over to goat milk...but maybe it was still too fast for that little one...

I was thinking that I should add a tad of baby rice cereal to help...but want to get her electrolytes up...and not sure exactly what that mixture would be for her - well for a pig. I've done for goats...but not piglets.

Its too late now to get anything from a feed store, as they are closed, so I have to work with what I have here at home.

I obviously will cut back on her bottle...feed her separate from the others...

I just don't know if I should go back to colostrum for her in the meantime until she is stable, and then give her rice in the goat milk from there...

The first litter we had was so easy well there was only 2 that survived, no problems...but this one...we lost 2...one was born dead the day after she delivered the other five and he was huge...think he got stuck...

One of the babies that had survived the birth, never ate and had the shakes...and we lost him no matter what we did.

The sow, isn't eating properly, so I started her on pen, and she will only eat eggs...absolutely nothing else. And oddly, wants attention from me...she isn't one to be pet that often, but now comes to the fencing and just wants to be pet and scratched.

I don't want to loose this little one...

I can't get anything from the store until tomorrow...Oh I had noticed that when I started adding the goat milk, she had loose stool, so I had cut back the milk...then she seemed to be doing ok...but now...not good...like the milk is just going right through her...

Any thoughts?

Thanks SO much...I have so much time invested with them...they are a week old...

Christine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

I have given her some yogurt...loved it...will take your suggestion...

Location done too

Christine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts