pig poop is runny

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by storybook, Jun 28, 2005.

1. storybook

storybook Storybook Farm

Hi all,

We just got two barrows last night to finish out for our table. Their poop seems runny to me. Is that how it is suppose to be or should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Storybook Farm (wanna-be)

2. MoBarger

MoBarger Goat's Milk soap for sale

imo, it could be diet, stress, worms or cocci. How's that for narrowing it down? :) The first 2 should wear off in a couple days but the other 2 will need some assistance from you. A local hog farmer swears by AtGard for an all purpose wormer. I have never treated hogs for cocci but Corid(amprolium) should work.

3. ihedrick

ihedrick Can't stop thinkin'

I would guess stress from the move; especially if its hot where you are at. If it doesn't clear up in a couple days look into the other things in the previous reply. My new guys were upset from their trip home too and the heat (but did enjoy the air condition in the van on the ride home! :)

4. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

5. storybook

storybook Storybook Farm

I think it must of been stress. The farmer we bought them from gave us some of his feed to give them for the first week, so there was no change it diet. The pigs are doing fine now. I love the happy grunting sound they make when they eat! It is cute! We are raising them for food but still enjoy watching them, almost like entertainment. (I guess that will wear off soon.<g>)