Piers,Pole Building and Such???

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, May 19, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Ok the House we are living in now is mostly Pole Stucture,part of it is on Piers,starting to build more on Concrete Slab.

Wife says I'm a worry wart.I'm always worrying about the place falling down around us,because of Poles rotting,Termites and such.Most the place is Oak.

Wife tells me to quit my dang worrying,just think about all the Barns and sheds around here older than we are still standing strong.

What you Guys think.Do I worry too much?

big rockpile

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

David, I'm very worried about all the worrying you are doing. If the termites eat your house, they just eat it slowly. If one side caves in, you'll have time to get to the other side out of harms way. Nothing to worry about. About then is when a mysterious fire takes it to the ground while you are far away with the insurance policy in your suitcase.

3. big rockpile

Kind of reminds me of a House in Colorado.It was about to fall down,they had it proped up with 2X4's.

insurance policy now thats funny :p

big rockpile

4. fernando

fernando Well-Known Member

Why suggest fraud? Or, was that a joke?

5. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

I think you should stop worrying and invest in an umbrella. A very hard umbrella.

6. big rockpile

He was just kiddin.Thing is I can't get Insurance back here anyway.And if I wanted it burnt down,all I have to do is make the wrong people mad.

big rockpile