Pictures of the new babies!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tltater, Apr 23, 2006.

1. tltater

tltater Well-Known Member

Here are some pictures of our new babies born yesterday, while we weren't home, in the rain. Moms not taking care of them so...they are bottle babies. Kinda fun...when you have the time! But there are enough of us here, so there are no problems with that.

The first two are the buck. We named him Rain, since he was found in the rain alone by the fence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

The next two are of Cloud...the only other name I could think of to go with Rain...LOL! She is a doe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mom was a Nubian, dad a Pygmy. They are tooo cute! I couldn't wait to see what they looked like and I wasn't disappointed!

Tracy
    Southwestern, NY

2. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

So, you have 1st generation Kinders! They are cute. I like your names..i found a doe kidding out in the feild, in the middle of a storm once, and named her doe kid "Stormy"!Bottle babies can be fun, enjoy them, and congratulations on a safe delivery. :rolleyes:

3. TinaNWonderland

TinaNWonderland Well-Known Member

They are sooooooo cute! And I really like the names you picked!

4. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the ADORABLE CUTIES! I just LOVE the names, we have a doeling named Twighlight because she was, at the time, the only baby born at night, her brother born in the next batch is so far the only other night baby. Good Luck with them. Bye.

P.S. Are you keeping either of them. And good luck, bottle babies can be LOTS of fun.

5. tltater

tltater Well-Known Member

Thanks! I think I actually did a good job on the names this time. They are too cute and too much fun to have around! Yes, goatfreak we are keeping the doeling and DH insists we find a really good home for Rain the buckling. He became quite attached to the little bugger when he had to take him in and dry him off while I was dealing with mom and the other baby. DH likes to act like the big tough man but he really is just a big teddy bear...LOL!!

Tracy
    Southwestern, NY

6. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

How sweet! I have been afraid that my nubian will do exactly the same thing so i have been putting her in the barn if it is really yucky out. I had a dream the other night that she had trips (keeping my fingers crossed) We are at day 148 for her and 145 for my Lamancha bred to a pygmy. Cannot wait for all the babies to come. Yours are so cute, I love bottle babies as you get to snuggle a lot more with them. Congrats on everything working out well.

7. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Well-Known Member Supporter

Your babies are adorable!

If I was closer I'd buy your buckling! I plan to breed my Nubian does to a Pygmy next season for first generation Kinders and I will eventually need a Kinder buck to breed my babies to as well.

Christy