Pictures of speedy's calf, and the new calves

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by JeffNY, May 18, 2006.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

Was sunny today, took some pictures of the new calves. First picture is the picture of speedy's calf. Haven't named her yet, usually takes me a bit to figure a suitable name. This calf acts like her dam, has similar eyes as well. Cute calf.

[​IMG]

The next picture is of snowflake (yes thats her name, not ours!). Makes sence though, considering she is mostly white. This was my mothers decision, a lady who we have known for a while was at the auction, since this was their calf. She came over to talk, convince my mother to buy it, because she wanted her to go to a good home. Well she did, should be a decent calf, has some dairyness with her head, neck and shoulders. Rump is a bit different, but she is still young.

[​IMG]

Finally the red heifer. This heifer is one hell of a heifer, and she leads! Now I am not sure if this is because of red holsteins, but our other red holstein didn't take much work at all to lead, she took to a halter quick. Well this R&W did the same, once on, 2nd time on bam, leads. She will be a snap to setup etc. Also if you notice, she is tall, long legs. Her dam from my understanding is BIG. This calves DCE is 10%, and judging by sassy, she should be large framed, and tall like sassy. Her Gdam's sire was Integrity, 80pt gdam, her dam was a Red-Marker who scored 86pts. This calf is an advent. I am pretty sure who I will pair with this heifer come next summer when it is time to breed her. It will likely be Ladino Park Talent. That should be one heck of a match. Durham having a high pins trait, Kite having a high pins trait (MGS is durham atleast). Should make things very interesting. Also the fact Talent is 7% CE! Ya know, makes me strongly consider flushing, but who knows. If she takes (never know untill she is bred @ 14-15 months), and it was a heifer. That would be one clean rumped, straight legged, well uddered animal. Not only that, a chance at a R&W calf!

[​IMG]

Jeff

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

They are A real nice set of heifers. Hope they work out like you want.

3. JulieLou42

JulieLou42 Well-Known Member

Really NICE looking heifers! Wow, that R&W's a beaut!!! All the best with them to you.