Pictures of our little "herd"!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by dk_40207, Oct 22, 2006.

1. dk_40207

dk_40207 Well-Known Member

This is the herd queen Nanny. unreg saanen. She's short for saanen, but a tough old goat.
    [​IMG]
    One of her girls, Rose or Daisy--I think about 7 months old here
    [​IMG]
    My newest love..no-name toggenburg doeling. She's the tiny one..
    [​IMG]
    The other new sweety--no-name nubian. Shes 1 1/2 and due around valentines day.
    [​IMG]
    This is tori---alpine. She was free, as her owner was moving out of state, and she has a hard udder. Yesterday I realized she had a horrible case of mastitis(she is supose to by dry for 6 weeks!). So she is on penicillin right now.
    [​IMG]
    Nuzzles the other free nubian doe. She is huge! She was also "dry" but still had 3 cups of milk. I'm trying to bring her back into milk right now.
    [​IMG]

:)

2. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Nice group Christina! Look good so far. I'm sure you'll have plenty of milk in the spring. Boy Nanny looks good and so does her doeling. Turns out that buck tossed nice kids!

3. dk_40207

dk_40207 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jessi. I'm hoping that he throws nicer udder attatchments and slimmer teats;) Do you still have him? I'm curious what traits you've seen him improve on in your girls...

4. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

I never owned him my grandma did. I know where he is though and I have a sister to him and plan on keeping a doe out of his sister and she does have very nice teats and a very good attatchement. So keep your fngers crossed! Are you planning on breeding the girls this season? I would say maybe no earlier than january if you were to breed them as that would put them at 8 months old. Or you could even plan later to plan on fall kid for 07.

5. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

They are so beautiful!!! :)