Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Excellent place, thanks for posting.

Could you make the pictures bigger, like 300 x 400 or even 600 x 450 (sorry dial up).

Very nice place.

All the best,

Alex

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, yes I'll try to make bigger pics. I'm new to this pic posting thing. it was my first try :rolleyes: We moved to this little 10 acre farm three years ago. I keep chickens, ducks, geese, guineas, a pea hen and a couple of horses. I hope to have a couple of dairy goats next year, maybe raise a few pigs too. Then in a couple more years maybe raise a steer or two, and get some bees. (Dreaming big, of course.) I did plant apple, peach, pear, plum, apricot and cherry trees. And a few raspberry plants (which don't look so good.) And try to have a bit of a garden every year. If only I didn't have to go to work everyday....I could get so much done! Take care all. Mary.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cindy, I live south of you (Columbia) and work north of you (Valley Station). I might be open to trade some hens for piggies. I've got bushels of tomatoes however. I've also got ducks and turkeys if interested. John

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No we are not bothered by deer. A whole lot of moles are around now. But the outside cats are taking care of that little by little. We had a BIG snake problem the first two years. I lost grown chickens, guinea eggs and chicks and pullets too. I killed a bunch of snakes then (caught them in the act, yes I know snakes are helpful too.) Guineas and cats are taking care of any baby snakes now. I haven't seen a grown snake all summer :). Had a raccoon problem this spring, I took care of him myself.
The farm is south of Lex. so not too far from you Cindy. I don't have any hens to trade at the moment. I just have some 1 1/2 week old Buff Rock Bantam chicks. I'll keep a few for myself, and I'm putting a sign up at Tractor Supply today. I'm hoping to see a few Khaki campbell ducklings hatch around Sept. 1st. (Don't ya' just love to see those babies hatch?) It might be a little early for piggies for me. But what kind do you breed anyway, Cindy? Take care all, Mary.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's a picture of the front porch. To the left of the rocking chair is a potted cherry tomato plant. It grew to about 8 feet. I had to tie it to the ceiling and it grew back down a few feet more! Next year I am going to do alot of container gardening. Hope the picture turns out. :rolleyes:
[/IMG]

·
Registered
834 Posts
Tomato plant is amzing and picture is excellent.

You have extra IMG tags, they should not be there. No problem, just a fussy comment.

Picture size and tomato size are wounderful.

Thanks,

Alex

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.