Pictures of my baby goats!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Jan 13, 2005.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Ok these where tooken right after the last baby was born. So Ramsey has her after birth hanging down and is a little bloody looking. Some of you new people who have never seen after birth or don't like blood might not want to look at these.

Here is the link to all the pictures
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v209/GoldenWood/New Arrivals/
    The descriptions are up above the pics when you click on them so you know who is who.

Just so you know
    Ana Maria was born first, Ulath was second, and Allie Mae was third.

Enjoy the pictures!! I will get some more pictures of them today when they arn't wet and covered with goo.

MotherClucker

2. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

They are so cute when they are born, aren't they? Me personally, I like to fix the bent ears with a little surgical tape and cardboard. Keeps the tips warm too.

3. metromaples

metromaples New Member

Cute new baby pics, Motherclucker.
    Thanks for sharing your babies with us.

Jeri
    www.metromaples.com

4. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

What's with the goatie sweater? You're in OR for goodness sake :haha:

Our high today was 2, tonight's low is forcasted to be:

Static -25 to -35 :waa:

Wind Chill -40 to -60 :waa: :waa:

And no goats are sporting Armani here :haha:

5. GoldenWood Farm

Considering it was below freezing when they where born I would rather them not get to chilled. I put sweaters on all of them so they don't have to convert all their food into fuel to keep warm.

MotherClucker

6. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

Motherclucker; I hope you didn’t take that as a serious jab or stab, I was merely being playful.

The winter temps are why we don’t breed until late December. I would rather have kids born in May then tonight when the barn will be hovering around -20 to -30. I was just out checking and their water tank with the 1500 watt heater had ice on it, and it’s inside the barn and insulated on all sides.

Gawd I am getting so tired of this frozen waste land!!

7. GoldenWood Farm

Oh goodness no! I understood you where joking but I did want to explain why they where wearing them....LOL and they are sure no armani ROFL! I just took old sweatshirts and cut the sleeves off them and used those. ROFL so by NO mean are they fancy...in fact when I read what you said I started cracking up laughing. I rather like the colder weather since it lets the kids get a good head start without worrying about cocci and what not intill they are older. All the rest of mine are due in march-june so no worries about cold weather there.

MotherClucker

8. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

They are just darling!! by the way Wombat that is why I am in TX now and not in NE :haha: oh and my Jan babies down here got sweaters too. :p It is cold tonight 28 I think Im abt ready to go to Belize but don't know how to get my goats down there.

9. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Oh MotherClucker, those are so cute. Glad they are doing well. Looks as though it must have been pretty cold when those photos were taken. Your cheeks sure were rosey. ;)

10. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

AWWWW!!!!!!!!! Great pictures!!!!!!!

11. Bob in WI

Bob in WI Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pictures, they bring back many happy memories. :)

12. oldmcdonaldsfarm

oldmcdonaldsfarm Well-Known Member

They look great! Real cuties!! :)
    Congratulations!!
    K

13. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

the little goat babies are so qute. i'm wondering if i should put some sweaters on my babies too? they are born jan 8th and we will have about two cold nights around 0. i was thinking putting a heat lamp in first but i'm a little bit paranoid about a fire. a friend of mine lost 80 goats in a fire two years ago. :waa:
    susanne

14. GoldenWood Farm

You could put little sweaters on if you want Susanne....I would recommend it. It sure helps. I my self also put a heat lamp up..but I secured it quite well so there is no chance of fire. It is not a very hot heat lamp anyways. The little sweaters sure help keep them nice and cozy. I even put one on momma for a little while so she doesn't loose a lot of weight trying to keep warm and milk for three babys.

MotherClucker