Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at tons of "plans", but I think I'd do better to just see your set-ups and freestyle it from there.

Anyone care to humor me?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here are ours. Three pens total-- both the does have 2'x2'x6' pens at either end (including 2'x2' boxes for kindling), and the buck is in the middle; his is 2'x2'x4'.

Each one is a bit different; we didn't make them all at the same time. It wasn't the cheapest way to go, but we used as much leftover lumber/plywood as we had available. (Actually, the lumber for one of the pens was all free via my dad's home saw mill!) For flooring, we bought kennel flooring instead of going with wire-- much easier on the buns' feet.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wow those cages are huge! Do you raise a giant breed? Or are your bunnies just spoiled x10 LOL Great setup by the way, it looks really nice.
Yours looks nice to, ajharris! Its good to see pics of other peoples setups. I will probably be fixing my cages differently pretty soon, to try to fit a few more cages into the same area.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow those cages are huge! Do you raise a giant breed? Or are your bunnies just spoiled x10 LOL Great setup by the way, it looks really nice.
Yours looks nice to, ajharris! Its good to see pics of other peoples setups. I will probably be fixing my cages differently pretty soon, to try to fit a few more cages into the same area.
Both of our does are Flemish, so yeah-- they're huge. :) Our buck is just a "mutt" though, and tiny compared to the girls-- so 2'x4' is probably overkill for him. But then again, when we put one of the Flemish does in with him for breeding, the extra space comes in handy!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Here are what mine looked like when they were first put in the barn.

And the cutness inside the cages

1 - 7 of 7 Posts