Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of our 3/4 jersey 1/4 holstein heifer calf Maggie. My dh and I took a day trip down to Ozark Jewels to pick her up. Emily is the nicest person and helped us quite a bit, and raises some healthy girls! Maggie is a sweetheart and quite the EATER!! She has some more spots that I will take pics to show later, but we are getting quite the cold front here in Northern Missouri so we are keeping the coat on for now. We hope to raise her up as our future milking cow.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks fot the complements!

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. She looks good.....with quite the attitude from the pictures.LOL!!! Won't she look pretty against green grass this spring.

·
Retired Coastie
5,149 Posts
She's in very good hands, that's for sure....plus a roommate splitting the rent and utilities....Topside

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks Emily. yes she is getting very feisty, so we are going to start with the halter training soon. Thank you topside we have raised bottle calves for the past couple of years, but she is our baby. I tried to get pics of her roommate, Hannah, but she is camera shy. Hannah is 1/2 Holstein 1/2 Angus and is a sweetheart also!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts