PickUp bed livestock cage

Discussion in 'Goats' started by 6e, Jul 23, 2006.

1. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

Very large pipe livestock cage for a full size pickup. Excellent for goats as the holes are fairly small. Needs the floor replaced. Asking $175 or make an offer. Can send pictures.

2. floramum

floramum Well-Known Member

Hi - That Sure Sounds Interesting But We're Too Far Away.

Would You Mind Posting Pictures Here? There May Be Aspects Of Its Design That We Could Copy For Ourselves. We Have A Livestock Trailer, But Next Round just need to Sell 6 Calves. With The Price Of Gas, Just The Truck Alone Could Be Taken To The Sale Barn. Also, We Could Transport Our Livestock From One Pasture To The Other Easier.

Thanks.

Mum

3. 6e

Well, if you could tell me how to post pictures on here without having to put them on my website and link back......
    Or I can e-mail them to you. (that I know how to do) :)

4. Loda Farm

Loda Farm Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to dismantle it and ship it? I live in Ohio, and would be interested if shipping isn't too cost prohibitive.

Laura

5. 6e

I'm afraid not as it is totally welded together. I think some people might not have the right concept as to what this is. I guess cage was the wrong word, it would almost be what you would call a put together livestock rack? That doesn't quite describe it either. The front and sides sit on the sides of the pickup bed and extends all the way to the end of the tailgate. Sitting on the ground it stands probably 6 feet tall. The back has a big gate that works on a pulley and a rope, but the rope is missing. It has a board floor and probably weighs over 300 pounds.