Pickled Cardinal Breast

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by big rockpile, May 28, 2005.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Getting ready to plant my Corn the third time,gave up on Sunflowers.

I've been trying to plant for Three Sisters,seen Cardinals digging up the seed and clipping off new shoots. :grump: Just going to plant in rows this time.

big rockpile

2. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Well-Known Member

I can't say using exact terms, but I think it can be fixed with powder of some sort, pushing a projectile (s) out of a tube. shadowwalker

3. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

:rolleyes: :haha: Got yea!

big rockpile

4. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

You are being an old grump. You know you are for the birds ! :haha: Plant them sunflowers for them and let them have those seeds. I have dozens of birds in my garden, but have problems with the cats. Need to send you one to take care of your problem. :rolleyes:

5. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

I figure if I sow directly into the ground without protecting the seedlings in any way, I'm simply providing exotic and handy snacks for the birds and other critters. They outnumber us in these parts, you know. :yeeha:

6. Homesteader at Heart

Homesteader at Heart Well-Known Member

7. Lilandra

Lilandra talk little, listen much

Plant them inside in jiffy pots or egg cartons. when they get a set of real leaves, carefully put them in the garden, then put tin cans around them. When the corn is taller then the can, remove it and you shouldn't have a problem other than alot of extra work... I have a problem with my chickens digging everything up and we do the tin can thing with the plants.A friend of mine does the can thing to keep deer out of her garden.

good luck

8. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

Go through those old CD's and save some of the ones that AOL sends all of the time. Tie them on stakes or in trees near the planting area on long strings so they can spin in the wind. It scares the birds away, plus it keeps the varmits away from the place too. You got to keep moving them to keep the coyotes guessing what they are. I use them to keep owls and hawks away from the chickens too.