Photos from new Hostas.

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by DannyVanEecha, Jul 30, 2005.

1. DannyVanEecha

DannyVanEecha Member

Dear friends,

I'm back with new Hostaphotos. The first series photos who are taken this summer are on view on my site now http://www.hostacollectie.be ( under the button ' updates ' )
    The photos are a mix from new introductions (as H.Hanky Panky, H.Glad Rags, H.Snowy Lake, H.Mint Candy, ...) and older introductions (as H.Lakeside Cupcake, H.Electrum Stater, H.Ann Kulpa, H.Kiwi Blue Flash and many more.)
    I hope you enjoy the photos. This is not a commercial site

Friendly regards,
    Danny Van Eechaute

2. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

Nice site, Danny! I love Hostas! I was particularly taken by the H. White Feather, as I'd not seen it before. That would be a nice contrast to other Hostas.

3. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

BTW, is there anything I should do to plant a Hosta that is all gone dry in the pot and won't hold the dirt? it has been sitting in a pot for at least a month. The leaves still look FINE.

4. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

I dug up a huge hosta last year, because my daughter said she wanted it. I thought she was going to pick it up that day, so I didn't even put any dirt in it. It sat, unwatered, for nearly 4 months. All the leaves were dead and it was horribly dried out. Finally, I gave up on her and stuck it back in the hole and kicked some dirt around it. It came back this spring, bloomed, and is doing great. Maybe I've just been lucky, but hostas have not been very hard to grow for me.

Stick yours in the ground and give it a drink. I'll bet it grows.