Photo attachments? Can you ?

Discussion in 'Plant and Tree Identification' started by AngieM2, Jul 22, 2005.

1. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Okay folks - I've been working with someone that I think would post great attachments...

Problem - he cannot do it and see's down at the bottom of a post that attachments are not allowed here.

If that's the case the rules about photos and how to post them sorta seem useless.

Would you please make a post to this thread and when doing so, look down at the bottom of the post and see if it has MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, or ATTACHMENTS NOT ALLOWED.

I need to know, so I can request it back if it's something that got lost in the vBulletnin glitches....

Thanks, Angie

2. Wildcrofthollow

Wildcrofthollow Well-Known Member

This is something I am struggling with.

at the extreme bottom left of my posting page it says:

Posting Rules

You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts

vB code is On
    Smilies are On
    code is On
    HTML code is On

When I looked on the FAQ it said that the Admin could allow or disallow attachments.

It appears that I am not allowed.
    There is no attachment icon and nowhere on my page does it say manage attachments.

I suspect that there are others here that are having the same problem?

David

3. bare

bare Head Muderator

Maybe I'm misreading your question? Are you saying you are having problems posting photos?

[​IMG]

4. bare

bare Head Muderator

Before doing anything else, you have to have a picture stored on your hard drive and know the location of it.

Then you need to have an account with a photo hosting service. I use Village Photo's free service, but I know there are many more free hosting services out there. http://www.villagephotos.com/

Follow their instructions to upload your photo to their site, then come back here with the url to locate your photo on their site.

Now start a thread or get a reply box to compose your message or add your photo. Look at the icons above your box. There is a yellow one that looks like it has a couple mountains and a square sun in it. Click it once and it will put {img} in your box, click it again and you'll add {/img}.

Now, assuming you have the url in your clipboard still, put your cursor beteen the image tags and paste the url.

All done, click submit.

5. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

David -
    store a photo - then go to the post here that talks about resizing and try all that stuff.

And if your ability is really turned off, then I'll have to get with Chuck and Mean Dean when they get online.

Angie

6. bare

bare Head Muderator

My posting rules read the same as Davids. Can't post attachments. However, I don't believe they are talking about photos. The probable reason posting attachments isn't allowed is because it would be easy to insert bad code into the software.