Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I live, there are several phone books delivered frequently during the year. There are local phone books, big city phone books, county phone books, it's a little silly really how many I get. I hate to throw the outdated ones away because they just seem so... I don't know... potentially useful, and short of saving them for emergency t.p., what else can be done with them? I was joking to a friend of mine about stacking them up with glue and making walls out of them :rolleyes: Ideas please? Let me rephrase that..serious ideas, please.

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
You use them or some of the pages anyway for fire starting. I think a bunch of crumpled up pages would get a nice fire started in the kindling.

·
Registered
203 Posts
they sure seem to have potential.

stick your latest in your vehicle(s). sure comes in handy. we recycle the oldest ones. some cities have a big recycling push right before the new ones come out.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Tie a few of them together and stand the bundle on it's edge, then use it for a bullet trap to target practice in your basement with your .22 rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
how about toilet paper if the SHTF and your stored TP runs out.

dean

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Use them to press flowers? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
call your local "keep america beautiful." they have a recycling drive each year for phone books. just ended this year but they are starting for next.

·
chickaholic goddess
2,740 Posts
I read somewhere (I can not remember) but you can use the pages for quilt templates as as making patterns for sewing. The paper is really thin so it is easier to tear off your project.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you or anyone in your house paints small projects you can do it on top of the old phone books and rip out the pages and toss as you go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts