PETA protesting yesterday

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Big Dave, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

PETA came to town yesterday to protest the bird flu? They were naked and coverd up in the right spots with signs and laying in coffins. The Good ol Boys from the other PETA showed up across the street( People Eating Tasty Animals) As they sat and peacefully ate thier KFC chicken and the naked people lay in thier coffins a firetruck drove by and honked. The police pulled him over and sited him for illegal use of a horn. :nono: Go figure

2. Brighid1971

Brighid1971 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

and this one too...

[​IMG]

None of the models were even wearing fur.... :confused:

3. Tana Mc

Tana Mc Well-Known Member Supporter

I think that the expression on the guy's face who is pulling her off of the stage pretty well sums it up......
    Tana Mc

4. woodspirit

woodspirit Well-Known Member

I think she is just jealous of tall saxon women

5. Selena

Selena proud to be pro-choice

Both groups should go protest Sen. Frist for adopting cats then killing them under the guise of "learning".

6. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's taking money away from those folks that earn extra scratch by picking up those "free to a good home" or "to give away" kitties and puppies to sell to medical research labs. Heartless bastard screwing over the working man. How typical.

7. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Love the sign. I was going to make myself a bumper sticker a few years ago with the same message on it. Heck, I read an article by a priest in the Catholic church stating that all living things, including vegetables, had souls. As such, I do believe they've got just as many rights as critters and people... if not more, as they can't even yelp in pain! :p

Too funny about the firetruck!

8. mommymushbrain

mommymushbrain Well-Known Member

Ha ha... they came to Fort Smith a few days ago. Someone got pulled over for honking at the naked gal. While the cop was telling him off, the firetrucks drove by and HONKED! Hehehehehehe....

9. JAK

JAK Well-Known Member

That's a great shot with the models. They sure know a good photo op.

10. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

Extremism in any direction seems unwise. Among our friends there are those who cannot allow any animal to be killed for any reason -- and we seldom visit because they are overrun with animals, even with 100 acres.

I was being "witnessed to" by a vegetarian about the impropriety of eating meat. I pointed at his shoes and said simply, "Leather?" They were. End of discussion.

Being cruel to animals is inappropriate, but humans are and have “always” been omnivorous (feed on both plants and animals) and have dined upon other animals. Every cow we see grazing contentedly has but one ultimate end – being eaten by humans or being made into pet or animal feed – with parts being used to make all manner of products from make-up to adhesives. Very few die of old age and are “buried with honor”. That’s life.

I don’t see any point in becoming emotional on either side of the “animal rights” issue.

11. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

I agree.You witnessing to made me remember a funny story. When i was the dorm manager at my college I turned the area between the dorms into a garden and I was showing one of the indian teachers my sweet potatoes and i noticed a big caterpiller on a leaf I picked it off and stepped on it as I did so I saw him cringe as a look of horror crossed his face, I realized he probably thought I stepped on his aunt or grandma and I apologized! LOL

12. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

Hey they oughtta come protest mother nature at my homestead. It was a bloodbath here today.

We've had a really good crop of rabbits this spring and the things are literally everywhere. This afternoon I was out working on my truck and I saw rabbit break from fencerow (think there was a fox over there) tear out across the field just about then I see this shadow cross over the truck. This hawk swooped down caught him out in the field about 20 yards from me. Must have been a young hawk because he struggled for quite some time and that rabbit was making a terrible racket that only a rabbit being dismembered piece by piece can make.

So tonight about an hour or so ago I'm taking a bit of a nap and have all the windows open since the weather couldn't be nicer. It is dark, nearly midnight and nice and quiet except for the frogs in the pond, the owls and an occasional coyote in the timber. I'm sleeping quite peacefully mind you and all of a sudden about 5 or 10 yards from my open window I hear this god awful scream that scared the daylights out of me. For a second I thought someone was being murdered outside my window. Which would be really odd since there isn't another soul but me for nearly a mile. Something had latched onto another rabbit and was evidently chomping pieces off of it at leisure. I got the NVGs and looked but it had apparently been dragged back into the brush. Took about 10 minutes I guess before it finally got to an appropriately vital area and stopped the audio effects. Could have been a fox, coyote, owl, bobcat or who knows but it certainly wasn't in a hurry to eat.