Persimmon Tree Natural Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Randy Dandy, May 25, 2005.

1. Randy Dandy

Randy Dandy Well-Known Member

Out of all the natural fertilizers available could someone tell me what they think would be the best for my yearling persimmon trees ?
    Thanks

2. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

Rabbit manure under some mulch around the planted works well on the ones that we have. Rotten cow manure placed in the bottom of the planting hole and then worked into the soil and covered with more soil (to keep the manure from being next to the tender roots) is the normal for our tree planting here.

3. Randy Dandy

Thanks Tarot Farm. Thats interesting. I will ask around for some people who have some rabbits. I have heard that a person must be careful with pure manure as it could burn the plant up. I was wondering if I mixed it with dirt then should the ratio be 1/2 and 1/2 ?

4. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

Rabbit manure as with goat manure is none burning so you can use it straight. www.gardensalive.com carrys some other fertilizers to.

5. Randy Dandy

Thanks kathy H.
    It seems like I remember my dad telling me that about rabbit manure when I was younger. Thanks for the help. I will ask around for some rabbit do-do :haha: