Perfect homestead in my county wish my friends at HT would buy it with me.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by jnap31, Jun 25, 2006.

1. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

HUNTING LAND. 371 mostly wooded acres. 3 ponds, 1/2 mile year round creek, power, surveyed, good roads throughout, 6 acres of food plots. Very private, secure, $1000 an acre. Owner will divide. Owner financing available.

Look you all it is in the perfect place, still in my county at pettigrew about 30 min east of my place so we could still sell at the fayetteville farmers market.
    I would like to get moving on this now as someone said we are not getting any younger and land is not getting cheaper or more plentiful.I think do to global warming effects we are going to see a lot of folks abandoning FL an dthe south east coast for safer inland area's like the AR Ozarks and the property I just posted. Oh by the way their are no Zoning rules and such there, you can build how you want e.t.c. Just have to have the electric to code like anywheer else before they will hook it up not any concern of mine as we will be off grid.Also Most places just get a layman to wire it and it passes the power companies approval from what I have heard. The water is really Pure in that area and it is allmost all forested and hilly with hardwood trees, it's about an hour and 15 min from fayetteville AR and the nice Hospital though if you sped you could make it faster. Look at all the water at that property I listed imagine how nic eit is and it already has roads so we can access all our homesteads. I wish I cold get about 20 acres and have my friends from HT, Marvella, madame, QBV11, Obser1 kathleen and many others. Each could buy some land there and move there over the next two years. Not being home now complicates my getting it and I dont think it will be there when I get home, it sure sounds perfect though. I will give a bee hive and a super to any of my HT friends who moves there (a small bribe)

2. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Hey I can dream right, were not living if we are not dreaming.

3. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

Jnap, do you have a link to the property?

4. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

I will Pm you.

5. SWMoTom

SWMoTom Member

I woud like to know more about it also.
    Tom in Branson

6. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

see above description again it is owner financed, I could probably purchase my portion in a few months out right.

7. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

what do you want to know?

8. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Well-Known Member

You might want to check and see what restrictions there are on the land. You may not be ALLOWED to homestead on that parcel.

9. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

We Will, I am pretty sure their are no restrictions.

10. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

I'd like a link, too.....although Arkansas is probably a bit far for us. My childrens' Dad is in western KY and won't relocate, so we need to be fairly near him.

11. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

I'd like a link, too -- if the owner is financing, I could probably manage a few acres. But let's make sure it's okay for what we are talking about, with a group buy.

Is there anyone close by who could do some footwork and check things out?

Kathleen

Edited to add: How far would it be to churches and stuff like that?

12. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

Also, there is lots of land like that in KY...

13. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any good land in Indiana?

14. goatlady

goatlady Well-Known Member Supporter

Owner will divide. Owner financing available. these are THE crutial words! Each interested person can make an offer on exactly the amount of land they can/acan afford, and buy it as an individual buyer. No "group" buy o the entire acerage, thereby avoiding all the hassels of joint ownership, who is responsible for what, etc. You each negotiate individually with the present owner for the parcel you want. It May cost a bit more for the survey costs and recordings but that will ensure the particular parcel is YOURS, not jointly owned with anyone else yet still in the same area as everyone else. Sounds good to me for you folks who are looking for this. If there are electric codes, you MAY NOT be able to be off grid. Friends over here are building way out beyond power lines and are going totally solar, which is approved. They also invested big bucks in a composting toilet only to find out last week the county will NOT issue any occupancy permits on any home without a septic system, so they are having to put in a septic system not planned for and which will most probably not be used. I just hope they can get permitted to install one as they are just above a creek with all the land slopig down to the creek, and a septic system just MAY contaminate the creek and therefore be prohibited, which means they will not be able to live there! Going to be interesting for them. Just because there are no building codes does not mean there are no other requirements by the county.

15. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

1000 bucks an acre, looks to me like opportunity is banging on the door.

16. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.................Ingress\Egress and subdividing costs for say 15 or 20 different owners with each one needing a 24\7 road can turn into a nighmare , unless the whole tract is Flat, which I'm quite sure , It is Not . I'd be interested too if my place gets purchased . fordy... :)

17. SWMoTom

SWMoTom Member

I am interested in directions to the land, a link, real estate person number
    or owner # if FSBO.
    I have been looking in this area and things like you describe are just not
    aviable around here unless you have plenty of arms and legs. I only have
    two of each.
    Tom in Branson

18. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

BRANSON!!!!

Howdy Neighbor! Donsgal in beautiful and exciting Reeds Spring here.

You might want to check out the area around Seligman. Land is still "affordable" in that area of Barry County.

Also, around Bonne Terre and Texas Counties you can still (sometimes) find land under $2,000 an acre. What's nice about these places is that the land is beautiful for farming/agricultural applications - not like the soil around here filled with rocks and clay.

The land that jnap31 is talking about sounds pretty nice, I admit. It would be difficult, even in a perfect world to subdivide it up and put in roads, electrical easements etc., to make everybody happy. It is not a task I'd want to tackle. Even like-minded homesteading folks can have disagreements, I'm told.

donsgal

19. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

I expect that the 6 acres of food plots are all together at the top of a ridge and the rest of the land is mostly up and down. It would be nice to see some pictures though, out of curiosity, if nothing else.

donsgal

20. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Well did you see where it says it already has roads in it. Of course i dont think it has all the roads in the perfect places but they are there and I am not worried about the electric I am planning on going off grid. Everyone that is truely interested can buy the land they want from the owner as they choose to like goat lady said. I am not dividing anything the owner is.