Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have the perfect excuse. It's a long story... here is the condensed version. I'm at work. DH is home. DH lets older dog Shep out to go potty. Leaves door opened. Continues work on broken dishwasher. Hears a bunch of noise, figures it's our 2 pups doing their normal monkey business. Turns to scold them to knock it off. Frankie is standing there...in the kitchen! Gretta is in the house too! oh no! There's Flossie!!:eek: All hell breaks loose..... I come home to a very VERY messy house. :bash:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Minelson,

Who or what is...Gretta, Frankie and Flossie? Being married, you should know better than to entrust a clean house to your husband. Believe me, I know. LOL!

Have a good evening.

Hugs,
Linda :)

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
LOL - I can picture it all too well - an open door around here is an open invitation for goat kids to wander in. At least at some point they get too big to fit through the holes in the stock panels. :)

·
Enabler!
3,865 Posts
Hopefully you did not have to clean the mess. Too funny how he thought it was the dogs.
Mine get as far a the mud room if there are too many at the door and we are not fast enough getting in or out. The little ones aren't too bad getting it out, it is the ones that are over a 100 lbs that are hard to move.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Minelson,

Who or what is...Gretta, Frankie and Flossie? Being married, you should know better than to entrust a clean house to your husband. Believe me, I know. LOL!
This is Gretta, Frankie & Flossie
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b...M2bloyYg9vPgY/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=550/ry=400/

My little family who are supposed to live outside :baby04:

This is the culprit...who always leaves a trail, lights on and doors open
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b...M2bloyYg9vPgY/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=550/ry=400/

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Oh how funny! When my DH goes out of town, we (me and my dd's) have talked about bringing in Littlefoot. He's our first kid born here and he thinks he's a dog LOL.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good Morning Everyone, :)

Thank you Minelson for sharing the pictures of your little family, along with ``The Culprit.`` :D All of them are so cute.

My kids and little grand daughter were here when I was reading the post. All of them were oohing and ahhhhing over your little ones. I told them don`t even ask. :p Actually, when we move I would love to get some. Shhhhh. Don`t let the kids know I had said that.

Enjoy the day!

Hugs,

·
Registered
291 Posts
You know what's even worse....

Having a dog door for the goldern retriever to let herself out with... And having the goats decide that it's a door for them to use to let themselves in with. I have 20 does... That was a huge mess to come home too, goats in my bed, in the cubboards, ON the counters, tables.... Needless to say the dog door is no more. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello LOC, :)

I have to ask. Were there any survivors after all of that mess? :p I would have been so upset.

When I was a kid, our pet pig got in to the house. He was over 600~lbs. I heard my mother screaming, and ran inside the house. There was my pet pig, all sprawled out on the couch, grunting. :D My mother didn`t find it as amusing as my dad, myself, and my siblings did.

Have a good day.

Hugs,

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

Having a dog door for the goldern retriever to let herself out with... And having the goats decide that it's a door for them to use to let themselves in with. I have 20 does... That was a huge mess to come home too, goats in my bed, in the cubboards, ON the counters, tables.... Needless to say the dog door is no more. :)
:rotfl:

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

You are right...20 in the house is much worse than 3 LOL!!! Little stinkers

·
My kids have hooves
2,227 Posts
LOL, that is a riot! Men and goats...you gotta love them :D

On rare occasions, I'll sneak Tango into the kitchen when he's on a leash. Then I'll call DH downstairs as "someone" is here to say hello.

Of course, I only admit this to you all since I know you'll understand, unlike most people I know. MIL would faint dead away. Then again, there are days I don't recognize myself anymore. :hobbyhors

·
Registered
291 Posts
LOL They survived - barely. I almost didn't. I'm sure you all realize just how hard it is to contain 20 goats at a time and of course not a single one of them wanted to leave so it was dragging the little darlings out one at a time. Of course then let go and they'd head back to the door because hey, the herd was there...

I think I was still finding 'pellets' a week later...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts