Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how long should it take for this to work? I gave my little buckling 6 milliliters of it and then also gave him 3 milliliters of Immune Support Tincture from Fiasco Farms (Molly's herbals). Just wondering how long it should take for the Pepto to cure the diarrhea. This is from some new food. He got out of his pasture and ate some grasses that obviously don't agree with him. None of the others have this problem, but the diarrhea is green, so I know what caused it, and I know he was out.

Anyway, what do you think?

Valorie

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,657 Posts
Put him on nothing but hay and give him a couple of days

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's a bottle fed baby, just getting slowly weaned, so he is still on milk right now. Should I just take him completely off of that too or continue it as normal?

·
Twin-Reflection Nubians
1,014 Posts
I would continue his bottle as normal. I think what they meant to say is don't give him any grain. You could cut his milk back a LITTLE bit. But like I said before I wouldn't if I were you. He nees that liquid right now.

The pepto should start working anytime. I would go ahead and give him some twice a day until it is better. Some probios or cultured yogurt in his milk would help too.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks. I will continue with the milk. They are not getting any grain, just browse right now. We have a pretty good back pasture for them, but they broke down a panel yesterday and we didn't find where it was until today. They had pushed it quite far away from the poles today, and got out and got into some weeds and stuff that we didn't really intend for them to get into, but you know the old saying, the grass is always greener......

Anyway, I will give him yogurt and milk in the morning. I have twin bucklings and the other one is doing just fine. I think I am just going to leave him in with the others, and let him be with friends. I have them down to just 40 ounces for breakfast and then that's it for the day. I am cutting them down 2 cups, (16 ounces) a week until I get them weaned, so it will be another 3 weeks before he will be off the bottle completely, but I did give him milk at noon today, and maybe I should divide his milk in half and give it twice a day and back him off slowly from that when I see him free of diarrhea.

I think he will be just fine, just didn't know how long before I maybe should give him another dose.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,785 Posts
Has he had his CD/T shots?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts