peppermint tea recipe???

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by serena26, Oct 17, 2004.

1. serena26

serena26 New Member

anybody got recipes for pepper mint tea??

2. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

I just put about a teaspoon of either fresh or dried tea leaves per (6 oz.) cup of tea, cover with boiling water and let steep until it is as strong as I feel like having it (usually 3 to 10 minutes). Strain into a cup and add sugar, honey, lemon, cream, or whatever you like in it (I like just sugar or honey).

If you want iced mint tea, let steep 10 minutes, strain into a pitcher, and add sweetening, if desired. Cool or chill and serve over ice.

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Boil water, pour over tea leaves (dried or fresh). Wait. Strain and drink. Same as with any herb tea.

If you like additives, just don't add lemon AND milk, choose one, otherwise you curdle.

4. motivated

motivated Well-Known Member

I like a peppermint and lavender flower combo. It is a wonderful tonic, and tummy soother. 1/2 tsp of each in a mug steep 5 minutes add honey if you must. Yum.

5. blhmabbott

blhmabbott We're gettin' there!

I have a friend who makes hers by adding the peppermint candies to hot boiled tea, stirring until dissolved, then adds the sugar (I like it unsweetened, but her husband won't drink unsweet tea).
    Heather

6. perennial

perennial Well-Known Member

I use my dried lemonbalm the same way for tea ! I dry several batches during the summer and then vaccum pack. I also use it for chicken dishes.

brural

7. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

I take a coffee filter and put the herbs in it then use a large safety pin to hold it all together for a quick tea bag.

I mix different herbs. One of my favorite mixes is mint leaves, nettle leaves and yerba mate. I have some red clover tops that I'm going to try too. Parsley is a good blood purifier that mixes well with mint. The mint really punches up nearly any bland herb tea.