People are weird.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by cabe, Apr 3, 2005.

1. cabe

cabe Well-Known Member

We drive extra hundreds of yards around a store just to get 10 ft closer, we then complain about gas prices.We order salads to watch our weight and then drench them in 500 calories of Ranch Dressing. We call and talk to people we just saw, and chat for hours knowing we will see them next day.We drive to town for supplies we just have to have , and then find the stuff we had.Everytime we go camping or drive far for a vacation we revel in what we see, but if we looked close we would find it right in our own backyard.We go to Church and say how good we are then we make offhand comments about ethnic groups.We want and crave what we already have, ask too much of others, and forget who we are.We see our mistakes and do it over and over in history as well as personally, and then we blame everyone else for our downfall. People are weird, and what would Jesus think of us now? I know he would love me , and forgive me, that is more than I can say for people. I dont want to be morbid, and I am speaking about me as much as anyone, but once in a while I get frustrated, and oh yes people get frustrated. I mean who do we think we are?We are people, and we are weird. Marty.

2. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Jesus would think we're human beings...not weird, just imperfect.

3. cabe

cabe Well-Known Member

Yes we are both.Imperfect is probably a better way of putting it , but some of the things we do are... weird.Marty.

4. woodsrunner

woodsrunner Well-Known Member

Yup and we drive around the parking lot of the biggest store we can find to save ten feet of walking. Then we walk an extra hundred feet inside the store, to buy something from an idiot that knows nothing about what he/she is selling, and couldn't care less about learning about it.

There are people here in this town that will drive ten miles to WalMart to save .15 cents on something, because the local hardware guy must be ripping them off for that .15 cents. And all they will buy is that one item! For those people gas should cost $25.00 a gallon not $2.50.

5. cabe

cabe Well-Known Member

I heard that one , Woods runner. It really gets me to be going into a parking lot and see someone waitng on another car, and the owner is not even in it yet. So now the whole bunch of us have to wait.Is their not handicapped parking for folks who cant walk or something.I mean to say most of us can use more walking.I sure could walk more than I do, and what you said about walking inside was true also.We consume way too much as a nation , and waste almost everything.Here is a good one , we as a nation have one of the best water supplies of anywhere in the world, what do we do BUY BOTTLED WATER.In some cases the standard for getting it into the bottle is worse than your own tap(IF IT IS GRAVITY OR GOOD WELL)we do weird stuff. Marty.

6. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

who is we, we allways park in farther spots we walk we dont eat to much ,we avoid fried foods etc etc and i feel great

7. cabe

cabe Well-Known Member

We is anyone the word applies to.I guess I could give the Dictionary term , but we means we, the folks that do what I have described. Good for you, you are not weird.Marty.

8. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

on the contrary i am weird however driving around looking for a close parking spot is lazy in my dictionary

9. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Everyone is weird in one way or the other.

10. Lumbering ox

Lumbering ox Member

I am not guilty of any of the above. Except for the "We want and crave what we already have"
    Its been said and I believe that it is a good thing to want what you have, better then wanting what you don't have or can't get. Gee I wish I had item X, that would be neat, oh wait, I do have item X, good. ;)

I guess being without sin I can throw the first stone? :rolleyes:

nehimama likes this.
  11. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.......................It , would BE my ObserVation , ....That , WE start wanting WhaT we Don't have , ...whEn , wE don'T appreCiate , WHAT we DO Have . For instance I had quite a few things that I had to Sell so I could Pay my bills until I found a joB , some of these items I had just taken for granted and were Quite useful as far as moving and hauling items . Now , i've got my pickps with 8 foot beds and I just have to make do until I can save the MOOLa to buy some More Toys ....fordy.. :p :eek: :waa: :dance:

12. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

:eek: You mean there are people who are able to go into Wal-Mart and buy just one thing!! That has been the goal of many who failed...

13. kentuckyhippie

kentuckyhippie Well-Known Member Supporter

Nah, none of that is weird, what is weird is the guy I saw riding his dirt bike in the middle of the field today with not a stitch of clothing on. Now that's weird LOL

14. buttercup

buttercup Well-Known Member

yep. That one tops the cake. :)

BC

15. hatwoman22

hatwoman22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the laugh!!

16. terriv

terriv Well-Known Member

Of course we do. That's because we shop in heels and walk in Nikes, Silly! To expand on that, I'll drive around for 15 minutes looking for a better parking place, then compain that it's going to make me late to walk my 5 miles when I get home. LOL!

However... as a realtor, I've resolved this problem. I've found I can wear a prissy chiffon skirt with go-go boots, jump across ditches while walking 50 wooded acres, and still look like a girl. Whereas.... if I wear the "proper woods walking clothes" from the start, the developer will never take me to see his 50 acres in the first place. Yeah.

17. terriv

terriv Well-Known Member

Forgive me. (I have to work to buy shoes.)

18. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

i would expect nothing less from a man :D

19. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

The naked dirt bike rider was saving on the laundry billl to pay for the gas in the dirt bike? Hmmmmmmmmmm Or just out for a Cheap Thrill? Maybe he could draw a crowd and charge admission.....

20. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Somewhere something gets as much a bang out of watching us as we do watching our critters!